Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: the used 911 story

Re: Gosh...

Originally posted by Shawn

When only tabs gets my humor...well, I guess I just ain't a funny guy.

Shawn.
    Dear Shawn...This Board is not a good determinate of whether your funny or not... U got boyz like Graygost, Johhny Wiz, Jackie O, PoorWorthlessDummy, CoitisAA, GeeI'm Burnedout, Tweetie, 69SGoatman, JesusChristRevistited, Mr914VW, CainandVine & a host of others that have absolutely ZERO sense of humor! Then You have Raciea911 aka Big Curt who sits on the fence, and is sometimes amused and other times joins the herd...hey Curt you havn't bin croaking lately, those 2 tone wingtips hurt your feet??? IANMORTON doesn't really count cause it's just me under another name...That leaves only SWBSAMMY as someone here with a sense of humor.

PWD that picture you posted of "her sunning herself in the backyard" was darn right obscene...man my pants just couldn't contain the Johnson after seeing that pic...
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Speaking of size of the tool:
    I take my direction from very early Rolling Stones-

"It's the singer, not the song"
    The Capitalist Roader

Originally posted by watt
    Pete blew up and Mike moved to Ruznak TO, and Walt to ___ in temecula?. Adios to a great shop.
    Actually, Walt is in Lake Isabella CA., and is the owner of Competition Engineering. Great guy, and a GREAT machine shop.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Originally posted by scargo70
    Tom,
    thanks for your insight into the early cars.
    Does anyone have an opinion on Bruce Anderson's performance book?
    Is it worth buying or reading?
    You're welcome.

The Bruce Anderson book if full of good stuff and I would buy it. It's a good reference for historical stuff. I think there is an updated volume. I've had mine for a number of years now.

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Speaking of books...what is a good book that explain that explains the early cars; not only cosmetic stuff but how they were designed and the various subsysytems ie suspension etc

Gburner
    Originally posted by deoxford
    iWhat can be done to tighten it up?( not a soft ride)
    Also what can I do to lower it and level it out a little
    Here's a good link to get you thinking....

If you want to discuss it more perhpas we should start a new thread so this one can stay on topic. I would be interested in what suspension upgrades others have made to their early 911 cars too.

Originally posted by scargo70
    Speaking of books...what is a good book that explain that explains the early cars; not only cosmetic stuff but how they were designed and the various subsysytems ie suspension etc
    EXCELLENCE WAS EXPECTED...original version. Alas, out of print, but can be found from time to time on ebay and book booths at swap meets.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Also, there is "The Porsche Book."
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

The new version is supposed to have everything that was in the old one.

For 911 per se, I like Frere's book a lot.