Thread: California Festival of Speed

Gburner

California Festival of Speed

Hi guys,
    A few R Gruppe/Early S guys will be racing/attending the CFoS.
    Dave Buhain has redone his hot rod and plans to shake it down. The Snyders should have a couple cars there. John Dilger is racing and I'm going to try my first wheel to wheel race.
    John Risvold should be around too. We'll all be sharing a large pit area with about 8 or so early 911 racers so like last year please drop for some shade and a seat. This year we will be there from Thursday noon till Sunday eve. Come by for a visit if you have the time. Here is a message from the event chairperson with the event details.
    More info here.
    http://www.pcasdr.org/club/index.html
    Best regards,
    Mike G
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Everyone is invited to attend the California Festival of Speed: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 26, 27 and 28 at the California Speedway in Fontana.

There is much to see and much to do. This includes watching Club Racing on the Road Course/Oval as well as Drivers Education drivers working on their skills. Tour the paddock to see these cars up close and watch them being made ready for their next session. Meet the drivers. Both PCA and POC will have their best drivers present, and there will be several "big names" in the pits including winners from Daytona, Sebring and Le Mans.

The Enduro race will be run Saturday afternoon, and the Sprint races Sunday afternoon.

Our Grand Marshall, George Follmer will be around to answer questions.

There will be a Zone 8 Concours and Swap meet Saturday morning, produced by the Riverside Region. There will be a great Vendors Row all days.

At lunchtime, there will be track tours for "regular cars" behind a pace car on the racetrack, for a modest fee.

The action starts at 8 am each day and wraps up about 5 pm or so.

Here is how to get there:
    From San Diego County, take I-15 North to I-10, about 105 miles from I -8. Go East on I-10 about 2.5 miles and Exit on Cherry Ave. Go North (left) about 1.5 miles and enter California Speedway at a stop light, on the left. Once inside the Speedway, observe their 15 mph speed limit. Bear left at a Y in the road and drive to the Credentials Building, which is a forced left turn.

Everyone entering the infield is REQUIRED to sign several insurance waivers, which will be done at the Credentials building. There are special insurance waivers for children, requiring a parent signature. Be sure that you have a parent present for every person less than 18 years old. INSURANCE RULES, not ours.

NO PETS ALLOWED IN THE INFIELD. TRACK RULES, not ours.

Infield parking passes will be available at the Credentials building for $10/vehicle, or you may park outside the track and walk in for free. All entrants still need to sign the waivers and get armbands. Food and beverages are available at several concession stands.

You may purchase the lunchtime track tour Credential for $20 per vehicle at the Credentials building. All track tour participants must sign the waivers and wear seatbelts. Other rules apply. Overly large or potentially unsafe or inappropriate vehicles will be excluded from the track tours. No Motorcycles on the track tours.
    NO PASSING ALLOWED.

We still need volunteer workers all days. Contact me immediately if you can help.

See you there.

Vince Knauf
    Event Master
    vvvince@aol.com <mailto:vvvince@aol.com>

Yeah...So..and your point is?
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Gburner
    Here's a video that gives a little overview of the event.
    Although this vid shows a chicane at the end of the NASCAR straight before entering the NASCAR bank this year the chicane has been deleted. You may not need to lift flat out in 5th into the bank now. Isn’t that nice!
    www.exfilms.com/projects/fos.html

Originally posted by tabs52
    Yeah...So..and your point is?
    Tabs.....that was funny ( as in HA HA)
    It is nice to have you on the Board to provided that much needed chuckle...how do you do it?
    Are you Robin Williams in disguise.

Gburner
    On Saturday only, 2 Carrera GT supercars will be on display.
    George Folmer the grand Marshall will be around to answer questions.
    Weather looks great.
    Wish you were here.

Originally posted by scargo70
    Tabs.....that was funny ( as in HA HA)
    It is nice to have you on the Board to provided that much needed chuckle...how do you do it?
    Are you Robin Williams in disguise.
    I'm glad you liked it. It's nice to be appreciated. I've got it down to a science, that all.
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism