Good comments all. Yes, I agree that a car, done properly is probably going to cost north of $20K, depending on what the PO did. In my situation, the car is well sorted out mechanically. The work that Mike is doing is primarily body related. Final price is just going to be just about $19.5K.

But that begs the question. It may cost the same to get a 912, or a 911 T, E or S done, but the fact remains that on the 912 or the 911T, the value is in the eye of the beholder, not the buyer.

Now that the S's have gotten very pricey, the E's have started to climb in value. I met a number of T's at Hershey that were for sale, or were original cars that were not being repaired (painted, with rust removed) because it cost more to do it than the car was worth!! That wouldn't have been the case if they were S's.

So, now you have a nice E or an S, and you are trying to get it insured. The insurance company looks to BA's listing, or to Sports Car Market to determine the correct value of your car. Good luck. (sure wish I could find an excellent S for low to mid 20's) I need to find an appraiser that will set a realistic value for my car. Hopefully I can accept it!!

I know that there are companies out there that will insure an agreed value, but I wonder if anyone has ever filed a claim with them and collected without a hassle?

larry