Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PCA membership

My Daddy bought my Porsches for me.....back in the day that is...yeah the good ole days...playin the Deads "Casey Jones" while speedin down the Blvd at a 100 while tanked up on Tokillya and Cola...That was the day when the white powders were rich and pure straight from the farm in Columbia...mountain grown..no leaf picked before it's time!
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Tabs...you are a CRACK up.

But..i sense an anti- PCA sentiment among the postings here.

I think most of us on the board can afford the new Porsches but we have an affinity for the early cars which are not in-expensive toys..I am attracted to the earlier cars for what I sense is a purity of design and function.

Who would have thunk that you can make a sports car with:
    1. the engine behind the rear axle
    2. make it air cooled and a boxer design
    3. use torsion bars
    But still make it all work..and work well indeed.

My main reason for this thread is really to bring up an observation:
    the 911(e, t, s) and the 912 are really all 901's with different engines and trim.
    Therefore there might be an economy of scale if all the lovers of these ealry cars combine our efforts.
    Perhaps having one web site with the different subheading : S, T, E, 912.
    This way we can pool our knowledge/resourse to raise further the profile of our cars in the car world/PCA and perhaps gives us an advantage when dealing with various merchants/ suppliers.

After, despite the various models of 356's, there is still only one 356registry

I'm a member of PCA and a member of the 911S Registry. I own a 73E. No one (as far as I know) looks down on me because my letter comes earlier in the alphabet. I have come to know this website as a location for ALL early 911 owners to get help and commiserate about our cars.

You're right, there isn't that much difference between these cars. But, I don't see a reason to change the name of the board, or the website. I am registered with the 911E Registry. But I feel that this is my home for getting advice from my friends. Right now they are cyber-friends, but I hope to meet many of them in the years to come.

And regarding PCA. Hey, I attend the events that I want, and participate as I choose. So far, I have met people like myself. OK, I have also met some with their noses up (yes WAY) up in the air. So what. I am learning there, just as I am here.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

A 73 E......Ouuuuuuu.....one of those huh! Oh well I suppose we can let U hang out on this Board...but stay over with the R Gruppies pleeze...you can understand our desire to maintain the high standards of SSSSS...ownership. The Purity of Esssence so to speak....
    Master of the Buffet

I wouldnt propose change the name of the website but rather develope a closer organizational ties with the other webistes.

Tabs...breathe deeply more O2 please

E's and T's are welcome here!

That is a great bumper sticker. BTW, the NYT has an article on the Pnizgauer -- I'd like 4wd VW camper bus with a clean, powerful engine and modern safety systems. VW may come close to that next year.

I hung out with 2 or 3 of the Portalnd people at the 50th birthday Monterrey bash -- they were fine. But I noticed in Pano (kist before I chucked in the recycle stack) that none of them are active any more.

Since I've hung out with anarchists, ranchers, enviros, and a bunch of others, the PCA group is not going to bother me too much.

One of the most bizarre incidents I had with PCA members was during the first week I had the S. My wife and I drove out to dinner at a local Mexican place. When I pulled up in front, 2 couples immediately swarmed the car, and started going over it. When I got out, one male reassured me, "It's OK, we are Porsche people." My wife and I bothed looked at each other in disbelief. They said they belonged to PCA and then started asking all sorts of questions about the car. We figured these must be some kind of wackos set loose to discourage PCA membership. We were happy they didn't try to follow us into the restaurant.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Don't cha just hate Gawkers? At the gas pump they say. "Ouuu nice car, what year is it?" I just tell em, "Blow me, dip wad." After that they just usually just look hurt and sulk away...back into the hole they came from...Geez...
    Master of the Buffet

admin_old
    "I wouldnt propose change the name of the website but rather develope a closer organizational ties with the other webistes."

Actually, members from the various 901 clubs (912 Registry, 911T Registry, RGruppe, Early S Registry) got together last year at the German Autofest for a casual meeting to discuss common interests (parts availability, service & repair shops, resources, car valuation, etc.). It was decided we would try to have some common web pages of interest, all linked from the respective sites. So far, it's still in the "R&D" stage.

We do have some resource pages:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/Resource-MFI.html
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/Resource-Align.html

The former is 911S-specific while the latter may be of interest to anyone with a 901 chassis. Are there any other lists you guys would like to see compiled? Open to suggestions.

Sherwood