Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: getting closer

Sam,

The car looks GREAT. Let me know if you still need help when its time to move from Autos Int. to Andial. We can make plans accordingly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

wow

Beautiful car you got there Sam. Now we know why you are swbsam!

I just love this registry and it's members efferts to preserve these wonderful cars...and share the pics with us.

With great envy, Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

gonna reserve some extra space on the digital camera for your car at monterey. reminds me of one of my favorite pics from the orig advertisements. thanks for sharing and keep us posted on the progress.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Those seats look amazing Sam! Cant wait to see it finished!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Thumbs up Miiiity Fiiiine

Sam:

Really looks Sharp. I share your anxiousness for the final step. Gotta couple of questions.

The seats - are those "early" sport seats? They seem different than the seats I have gotten for my 73. Are there headrests, or were they delivered without them in 1967?

The seat inserts, did you find some original houndstooth wool, or is that a substitute?

The wheels are fuchs, and from the ad shown, it looks like they were delivered without the black background!! I wonder when Porsche changed to painting them before delivery? Are you going to leave them that way, or do something different with them?

thanks

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

I cant help with the seats, but I can tell you that the 67 4.5" Fuchs were detail painted with a grey paint instead of the more familiar black. In 1968 they went to black detail paint on the 5.5" wheels
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

The '67 sport seats didn't have headrests. I'm not sure exactly when they became standard? I have seen some with the round headrest attached by a metal bracket but I don't know if that was optional or aftermarket.

The 4.5" Fuchs have black paint in the webs by the lugnuts. It's just more restrained than the wider wheels.

Those seats look great (as does the car)

67 was the first year for the reclining sport seat, unlike the 68 and later years there is no provision for a headrest inside the seat, I have seen 356 style headrests mounted to this style seat as this was an option for the standard seats for 67 911 , and yes this is the correct houndstooth fabric small amounts of it are uncovered from time to time and I was lucky enough to get some from a friend, as for the wheels one picture is worth a thousand words so here you go.
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Please allow me to add my admiration. Gorgeous, Sam. So, Autos International did the seats?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)