Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cocomat pictures?

Not a beige interior but these are original mats from 1971 and give an idea of the shape and cutout around the stickshift.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another photo

Thanks

Wow, that's neat!
    Here is a pic from the 1971 Porsche Accessories catalogue...
    Obviously a non factory part... I wonder if yours was factory optioned?

Cheers
    Martin

I understand it's 'original', but why would one need a mat over the tunnel? Is there generally a lot of foot traffic there?

These mats look like they were made for Howards 67S.

73S Sporto
    R Gruppe #259

Here's a view of the new mats in my '67. It shows how the center tunnel piece wraps around the shifter and heater knob, and how the drivers side mat runs under and through the pedals.

--gary
    Gary

Thanks for all the pics guys...Martin's pic...I assume that's an old set in Jaspe? Looks good on the light carpet! It's also making me rethink wanting the over the tunnel piece...Decisions, decisions... You see, I need to make a big deal of monor stuff, because (knock on wood) I don't have any major stuff worries...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

FWIW, I ordered the 4 piece set in Jaspe today...I think that originally, the over the hump sets were designed for the really early cars with rubber mats as a form of cheap carpeting. My car has carpeting, so I don't want to cover it all up, just protect the parts that could use protection...Thanks to all who posted pics. You helped me a lot with the decision.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Still waiting

I am still waiting for Jeff's pattern for over the center tunnel version.
    Once I lay it in the car I'll have an idea of what it will look like and yes, how much of the carpet it will cover... I like Jaspe as well and will go with it.
    I also decided to go without the rubber backing just like the original mats.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers
    Martin