Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Leistritz' Factory Sport Muffler

Does that bolt for the cap go thru the pipe -- so when the caps are removed there are holes on either end? Or does the cap clamp on with just friction holding it in place?

Also, anyone know what the sport pipe would look like on a 67? Are they the same as this or???

Danke
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

The hole is only on the inside section of the pipe. The bolt screws into the pipe comming out of the muffler. One bolt per cap.

dmcummins - NICE! that is my next muffler. please tell us how it sounds by comparison to orig muffler. also when you have the caps off the twin pipes with the cap on the side pipe and vice versa. i plan to have one made at a local shop.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

With the caps off its not that loud. I only cap the two. I mean you can tell the difference with the caps off but I don't worry about the cops giving me any problem. I have only had the caps on a few times just to try it out.

It has a more of a throaty sound.

Why is the Leistritz important? Is it a lot better than other brands functionally?

Or is the appeal a concours thing - originality?

This is an original early rallye factory sport muffler with 3 block-off caps, bought from the Porsche motorsports supply truck in around 72-73'...

Regards, Robert Gross.........
    Attached Images Attached Images  

second pic

last pic ...........