Thread: 73VGE - deLorean edition

73VGE - deLorean edition

Hi guys:

Latest update for those of you following the story.

The car has now been fully stripped, and the body panels fitted, trunk lid, engine lid, doors. Best to make sure that everything fits before it gets painted. So, Mike took some pictures of the car in brushed steel.

Now it is time to prime, fill, block sand, fill again, prime again, sand again . . . . those of you guys that have done it know the drill. This is the time that every hour spent here will show in the final finish of the car. Here is where Mike really shines. I hear he is a master painter. I hope you will all be impressed with the results.

Schedule now is tentatively as follows:
    May 29th. Mike finishes the car - fully painted, ready to drive.
    June 1 - 15 - Marc does his final PPI on the car. Driving test, visual test, engine performance checks.
    June 15 - 30 - Mike finishes up on anything that Marc sees needs finishing up.
    July 4th weekend - I go to pick up the car.

There is obviously a bit of slop in this schedule, but here we go. Regarding my attempt to get a replica of the B&W houndstooth fabric, my original mill blew me off - they wanted a 20,000 yard minimum order. Not likely!!! I found a new mill, and am waiting for them to get the fabric pricing to me. This new place said that they will do 50 yard bolts - no problem - but the price is going to be higher. He is confident he can match the houndstooth exactly.

My sport seats are at Autos getting rebuilt. They have found some welding work that needed to be done on the seat frames to bring them back up to par. Eric suggested that I send the seat rails in to have them nickel plated when they do the headrest posts. Good idea. They are on their way to the west coast.

Carpeting has been ordered. Decided to go to Original Fit Interiors. Going with the original German Grey Velour. It is costing me a bit more, but I want it to look like an original car, so again, no choice.

That's the tale for now. Here's the pix.

larry
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Another picture, kinda like the first, slightly different angle. Is that a halo I see on the hood???

larry
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Your guardian angel is working overtime for you..
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    A 50 yard fabric bolt! I'll bet when you started your VGE project, you never dreamed you'd end up the U.S. distributor for hounds tooth seat fabric.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Plus, when I read "deLorean", I was worried the cost of the restoration had pushed you to distributing a certain Bolivian Marching Powder to finance the final payment.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E