Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Drive.....

Re: The Drive.....

Originally posted by 69Sman
    MOST gorgeous.... PERFECT day .....MOST wonderful
    Joy yes, Gushing No!.....

I graduated from UCSB so I am familar with the area. I do have a legal problem that leaves me feeling tweaked, and sometimes there maybe some bleed over on that issue. The big thing I find is the "stagant water" issue, all they wana talk about is Porsches, Porsches and more Porsches...after a while I just go to sleep...and when I wake up I feel cranky. Thanks for the feedback.
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Says Tabs, "all they wana talk is about is Porsches, Porsches, and more Porsches" on this web site. Go figure.

But that's not what I want to talk about. I too, went to UCSB and drove between there and the Bay Area countless times over 5 years. (When you live right on the beach with bikini-clad babes everywhere, you don't graduate in 4 years.) Highway 1 at Big Sur is best with no cars, however lots of slow cars can be fun, too. I had a 1981 VW Scirocco that was pretty fast and handled almost as well as a Porsche. Once, I passed over 100 cars over that 75 mile stretch on north-bound 1. Now that was a fun day.
    Charlie
    '66 912
    '50 VW Bug
    '89 VW syncro Tristar Doka
    '83 VW Westfalia

Originally posted by ckissick
    I too, went to UCSB and drove between there and the Bay Area countless times over 5 years. (
    GO GAUCHO's yeah well anyway...

I graduated in 1975 with a degree in ....ahhhh political science yeah worthless I know...I had a 66 912 that I used to run to So CAL with....I had a few very good shall we say tests as to which car could go the fastest on the freeway... It really didn't matter which car tested the best it was just fun playing freeway tag...

I was able to graduate in just under 4 years...I knew a guy who owned the Red House on Playa Del Rey...had a great big oak in the yard (Where the street is blocked off). He was also into Porsches and his business partner and buddy was Richard Richardson..owner of Fancy Music in SB (Ferrari Dino and then a 74 Carrera). Richardsons Buddy was a guy named Seth who owned Pacfic Presentations...who was a rock promoter in LA in the 70's...

One night there was a party at the Red House where they had a topless dancer..they started off with a kitchen trash can full of Fruit Punch and a 5 gallon can of Grain Alcohol from the Bio Lab..as the night went on more alcohol was added but no fruit punch....about 4 gallons was consumed... There were more GOOD LOOKING women per square mile at UCSB than anywhere else that I've been...
    Master of the Buffet

Originally posted by tabs52

was Richard Richardson..owner of Fancy Music in SB (Ferrari Dino and then a 74 Carrera). Richardsons Buddy was a guy named Seth who owned Pacfic Presentations...
    Well ole Tabs, seems like we have something ELSE in common...That 'guy who owned Pacific Presentations" would be good old Sepp (NOT Seth) Donahower.....An old, old friend of mine.... What was his partners name....Gary? Was it Gary or ???? (I guess since I started thread, I can go WAY OFF topic...)
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

As long as we're going to go way off topic... Tabs, it's been too long since you graduated. The street is Del Playa, not Playa Del Rey. I went to many a party at that red house.

Now for a feeble attempt to get back OT. A beautiful blonde in my building overlooking the ocean had a yellow 914. Man, was she beautiful. The girl was, too.
    Charlie
    '66 912
    '50 VW Bug
    '89 VW syncro Tristar Doka
    '83 VW Westfalia

I think Gary died in the mid 70's and after that Sepp closed the biz. The guy that I knew was named Michael....he continually bought and sold Porsches. He was working on a MA in Psychology and eventually I think became a School Psychologist out in the SF Valley...but he was a hustler when it came to cars. No telling where he is today?

I remember Richardson telling Michael a story about Mick Jagger wanting to buy a guitar from him at cost, Richardson made a rude comment about how fking cheap Jagger was...and wouldn't sell it.
    Master of the Buffet

Gary...??

Stac...maybe Gary Perkins ??? I can/ will find out.

Gary....

Yep, you got it Curtis. Gary Perkins! Good call!!!! Good memory!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Way off the thread...

Hey Stac...when we get together next time, I've got some great stories about those early concert promoters...specifically Gary and his gang.

Re: Way off the thread...

Originally posted by curtisaa
    Hey Stac...when we get together next time, I've got some great stories about those early concert promoters...specifically Gary and his gang.
    I'll BET you do !!!!!!!!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333