Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: faux RS

There are a few cool and notable exceptions on this board, but a 911S is not an ideal track day car, since most performance modifications would diminish its value, and the risks of even ordinary track wear and tear don't make sense with a car that's as valuable as an early S.

For 911S owners, the good news about the S is that it's become a collectible car.

For guys who like to tear it up at the track, the bad news about the S is that it's become a collectible car.

One thought regarding going for all stock is it tends to prove a bit cheaper in the long run. You don't have the temptation to upgrade this and upgrade that every couple outtings. You want to keep it stock.

My dad has the #42 BHR racing car, that won a couple GTU classes at Daytona in the mid 70's. Beautiful car to drive, and although it had a bit of a sticker on the restoration, now it is what it is. Aside from tires, fluids and such, it will never need/want an upgrade.

GTU Fun!

Nice looking car. I've always liked the look of the big flares with the ducktail. Something about it just balances perfectly to me. Sort of like that newer blue RUF car.

Doesn't Jack's car have that goin' on?

jol

Jeff,

I was in the same situation as you for the past year, but finally found the perfect car for me. The car was well sorted out and was used to run in PCA club racing events. The PO had purchased it and done all the RS body work and interior, yet it has the race suspension, race motor, oil cooler, and safety gear. I had been looking at only early 911s, but the car turned out to be a backdated 1975 911s which is just fine (fights rust a little better). If the car is as well sorted as you claim, than IMO you shouldn't have a hard time reselling it in the future. I took my car up to Hershey last month and was amazed at all the attention it got. I could have easily sold it for the same amount paid or even more at this event. Clean RS clones seem to command a small premium over 911's, unless it is an S of course.

Low 20s is the correct ballpark.
    www.salazar-racing.com