Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIN 9113300961 - Buyer Beware!

I can second everything that yoprup said about this shop.

I know the shop very well in question and can vouch for their integrity- there is no secondary gain or motives here for them to give the car a bad inspection.

I live on the pennisula and last year after taking my car out of storage researched and interviewed quite a few shops on the pennisula before chosing them. I have not been disappointed since in the 10years I have owned my car this is the best it has run.

That said, after reading the various post about this car, I think it might come down to an issue of misunderstanding not misrepresentation between the various parties.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    I don't think there's ever a time when a sellers description matches a buyer's expectation - especially after seeing a few jpegs. Obviously - this is the reason for a PPI.

I did a long distance PPI on my car, and quite a few negative things were found. All relatively minor and fixable - but I was ready to walk away (keep in mind, I had my heart set on a 2.4 silver S with sports and sunroof - so it would have been hard to walk away from a matching example). I renegotiated a price $5k lower than the original agreed price after adding up the cost of fixing everything.

I guess my point here is an independent PPI can be a great negotiating tool - not just an all or nothing thing. I would have been screwed financially without one - and having documentation on costs to fix PPI issues was a huge help in getting the price down.

Then again... I've since put more than $5k into it - and could easily follow that with another $15K. But we all know how that goes!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391