Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No more Ragamuffin. (Well, at least it's better now.)

Originally posted by JCR
    Looks downright serious Zeke! The no nonsense/we don't need no stinkin paint/rat racer/stealth fighter look.

What was the original color - and what are your plans for finishing?? Is there a shiny coat of paint in this car's future?
    The original color was 8383 Metalic Green as pictured nicely on one of the recent pics of Hershy. It's a bit much for me and the car is not what you'd call a well taken care of car. There's not much point in preserving history on this car unless one wants to do a full blown rotisere restoration. Anyone who wants to do that can bring me a better car, like an RS clone from a T with a strong motor and they can take this one away. The only premium attached to the car is the numbers matching engine, tranny and body as a correct Kardex S.

Here is a pic of the exhaust tips:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another

Originally posted by neilk
    I don't remember, but did you ever change the spring plate and trailing arm bushings? If not, I am sure those are really contributing to your poor handling. I changed those bushings and it totally transformed the car.
    Last post for today about me. I am planning a complete suspsension overhaul and painting of the underbody/wheelwells. Adjustable spring plates are on their way. I plan to install those with 26-27 mm rear bars which I am hoping to pick up used (hint).

Gburner

Thumbs up

Zeke, those Cookie cutters are very cool on the muffler!
    Like the black suede too, looks the same as Sunday's Tribute winning Cup car. When will you start with the suspension upgrades?

Zeke,

OK this is alittle of subject, but I gotta ask, what is your other vintage car that is 99% complete? The one you refered to earlier...

Regards,
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

Originally posted by TKO
    Zeke,

OK this is alittle of subject, but I gotta ask, what is your other vintage car that is 99% complete? The one you refered to earlier...

Regards,
    '44 Ford GPW. Commonly known as a Jeep. Originally a US Navy WWII communications vehicle. My wife's father bought it in 1960 and it had a 283 Corvette dual quad motor from the kids he bought it from. It has undergone many transformations and rebuilds over the years. He died a few years ago and the thing circulated thru the family until she bought it in terrrible shape 4 years ago. I restored it to the way it was in '60. Frame off, bare metal restoration. Original looking on the topside, but painted Guards Red to match her Boxster. Under the hood is nothing but old school bling. Big cam: it shakes when it idles.

The granddaughter loves it (8 years). They take it to breakfast at the beach on some Sundays and draw a lot of attention. Having done that for her, I bought myself a lot of freedom to pursue the Porsches as much as I want spending as much as I can afford.

BTW, I talked to Chris H. about this project on the phone for a few minutes and he thought it was cool. Some might think it's just an off roader. Let me tell you, the thing will never see dirt. under the tires. It's awsome clean, even the frame.

Thanks for asking.

Aw, what the hell. Way OT, but here is Moma's machine.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Very very cool!! The perfect antithesis 911 garage mate!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Pretty cool....like an early p-car in that it is staight forward, no bull-s#@t performer.
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544