Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look what I got the other day...

I have seen a factory 914 GT hood and it looked like that complete with the wood. I thought it was balsa wood. Very light indeed. The 911R stuff looks real enough to me. I think there was a PN on the 914 lid. See any?

Question. These were moulded using a standard "bonnet" as a pattern? Is that why the holes are there for mounting a standard hood latch? I thought the "R" hoods were fastened with rubber tie downs? Will admit, I've never seen the underside of one before.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Can't wait to see the finished project. I thought the R bonnets (as the brits call them) had the center filled gas cap?
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)

Originally posted by yopurp
    Can't wait to see the finished project. I thought the R bonnets (as the brits call them) had the center filled gas cap?
    Andy, that hood looks just like the authentic 911R hood that Kent Douglas had - no center fill hole on that one either. Congratulations! Now don't punt it..
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Perhaps the UK hasn't bin picked over as much as the USA has bin for rare P parts. It is always nice to find something rare and desirable. The key word here is desirable...

To keep on with the subject of rarity and desirability but in another field...and to prove how lucrative it can be...I talked with a man this week that had sold 3 rifles that he had collected over the last 20 years that have been PROVEN to be at the Battle of the Little Big Horn....They sold for over $1,000,000. He is in the process of publishing a book on the subject (2500 copies) and I would recommend buying the book as it will become bank just on it's own..

So boyz keep your eyes open U never know what your gona turn up.
    Master of the Buffet

Voice of Reasoned Conservatism

Here's what you need for the hood!

There are a pair.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Shaazaaam!!!

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111