Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 73'Resto- Finally Some Pictures

OK, I'm jealous

Chris:

Congrats. It looks really great. If it drives nearly that well, you've got yourself a great looking, fun car. Nice to see that Prototipo on the wheel. That's hopefully what is going to be on mine when I get it.

Have lots of fun with it!!! You deserve it after such a long wait!!!!

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Thumbs up NICE!

Looks GREAT Chris, congrats! You deserve it....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Chris,

Beautiful work.

Question on the two tone visors. Since they are not sold, how did you do it? When I bought my car, they looked like bloated whales, and the white was discolored to something like cigarette stained orange.

What a great result....

It looks superb and I hope it drives as well.
    Something for all us silver and black owners to look up to...

Thanks guys.

Rick - not sure I understand your question on the visors. They were/still are a bit discoloured. I used some Lexol leather cleaner on them and they got a bit lighter. I agree they are too big, not to mention my rearview mirror is positioned too high. Anyone know a safe way to unstick it and then restick it (never ends does it?)?

I forgot to mention it has the SwayAway2, hollow torsion bars front and rear. It handles like a dream and not too rough.

I'm so bummed I missed North meets South so I'll just have to settle for the next local run.
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)

Niccce Chris! Love those deep 6's.

All the best,
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Man! it's good to finally see it out of that hole of a shop! (using the term "hole" in a moderately kind way).
    Looks fantastic! But I won't ask if you'd do it all over again. I think I know the answer.

Are you going to put H4s on? Would look good, especially since you lost the US buggy bumpers.

I've recently been reassuring myself that I'm happy with my black Prototipo - but seeing how good your silver on silver looks... oh well, another thing to add to the "parts to order" list. Thanks a lot Chris (and Curt, the silver Proto instigator).
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

minor nit picking...but if possible, you might want to move the shifter flat plate so it's under the carpeting..Nice car!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

As someone who has seen and driven the car, It is a great ride and looks great.
    The suspension is firm without being too hard and the engine revs really nicely.
    I am glad it has all worked out.
    Dwight

Thanks again guys.

Jared - no H4's yet (no budget). I'd put '72 bumprettes on before I do that. Born2BFast has agreed to take my MFI over to Gus at Pacific for a bench test and tune, so all is not bad on that front (they are working w/me through the issues, some of which shouldn't have been issues to begin with, but you know how it goes...)

Curt - of course, thanks for the Silver Proto tip

Paul - nitpick away! The carpet is cut around the plate so it'll probably stay that way for awhile (till the next carpet kit anyway). As much as i"ve read this bboard and read books, there's a lot of detail I c ontinue to discover (too late often times). It's the fun and maddening part of this hobby.

Dwight - Can you get a hall pass for Saturdy or Sunday to go up to either: - Sears point for the classic races or to Candlestick for the PCA AX (Sat only on the AX)? Give me a call.

Larry - send me a PM w/your phone number if you want to share the restoration blues over the phone.

Chuck - sorry I missed Monterey, we'll still need to reunite 1099 and 1100 some 30+ yrs later. Thanks again for all your help and advice, I'm sure I'll still need more!
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)