Page 9 of 456 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your ride...

better late than never

story of my life. here is an old photo of the 69S taken during the 2nd Tour de Cambria in 2001.

Its far from being perfect (that it will never be) and now has more battle scars (rock chips & nicks) and a few surface rust that have popped up in the last couple of years. Its a 50/50 car = looks good from 50 feet away at 50 mph (a term my good friend and Nor Cal founding member Rich Sutliffe like to use to describe his yellow 73 Lightweight 911S).

But despite all the shortcomings, its still a blast to drive and that's what these old 911S are all about.

enjoy,

Cris Huergas
    R Gruppe #002
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Cris, great car! Is there a post anywhere that documents or shows pictures of your front cooler setup. Im thinking of going to a front cooler and I don't want to run a RS style bumper. Looks like you were able to do it. Did you have to notch the front of the tub to allow for airflow?

Here's a bad pic of my car. It's a '50/50 car' also. Well, maybe its a 100/50 car . For now anyway. It goes to the bodyshop next week for minor rust repair in the outer rocker sections.

#711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

Nice Cris. Ride height looks good. A few stone chips makes it a little more honest!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Cool its not what you think it is

Shuie,

I must confess those 5 black circles on the bumper are black vinyl tapes.
    I got a little creative about 4-5 years ago and came up with the idea of trying to mask the hole openings for the plate holder mounts by taping those black vinyl decals to simulate what would appear to be openings for a front cooler since I didn't want to run front plates. Of course I also looked to whether a front cooler would actually fit in that location if I wanted to mount one with the stock bumper. Only way it will is to open up a section of the front inner nose panel where a cooler would have to fit through. Even if you got one to fit in that location, you wouldn't have enough clearance behind it for the air flow to go through and will only create air turbulence with no where to go. I guess it might work if you cut through the opening and built a ducting where air will flow through downward and out from underneath the front pan. Too much work and cutting involve and may not be worth the effort not to mention cutting up the front nose and pan for the opening and may even cause problems at high speed.

Sorry to mislead you into thinking that I came up with a briliant idea on how to mount a front cooler in the stock front bumper. I've since done away with the decals and mounted my front plates instead. You gotta admit, it sure looks trick in the photo.

good luck with your 72.

Cris

admin_old
    <<
    Any chance we could put some of these images here?:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/memberpage.html

or here?...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/photos.html
    >>

Peter,
    Some great cars and photos. We welcome member submissions, but I'd prefer members send in their pictures personally rather than me lifting from the forum. I also cannot ID members by their user name. For the member page, please include some information about your car. We'll do the best we can to accommodate you.

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris Huergas
    Shuie,
    I guess it might work if you cut through the opening and built a ducting where air will flow through downward and out from underneath the front pan. Cris
    If oil temp is an issue. Another route to duct the center mounted front oil cooler, a small plenum is then ducted to the driver's front fender well. This way the (be it weak) negative presure area under the nose of the car is undisturbed. I got this idea from Dave at TRE, thanks Dave.
    Please post more pics of your rides!

Smile Mine.....

One of those moments...

Great photo, I love it! I can just hear that motor through the shot!
    Brad Anderson
    911 1970 einspritzung Karmann coupe 0012

Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thanks Cris!

Gburner, that front duct work is awesome. Im trying to avoid cutting my front clip since nothing is rusted up there. Trouble is that Im having a hell of a time finding anywhere to put a oil cooler. Even in the fender wells the battery boxes on my car will get in the way. I hate to cut on solid metal
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

Shuie, wouldn't the stock oil cooler work?
    72S targa (sold)
    73t coupe
    71t coupe (project car)
    Gruppe B #057