Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just came back from the famous Coupe des Alpes in France

Just came back from the famous Coupe des Alpes in France

Just come back from the famous Coupe des Alpes in France (www rallystory.com) . Three days of sun, hillclimbs, fun and nice peoples. Many passes. The highest was the Col de la Bonette, with 2715 meters high!
    We were 140 classic cars, many brands, beautiful cars, like a Ferrari 275 GTB, a Carrera 3.0 RS, a work's Lancia Stratos Gr4, and more. It was the 50th birthday of the win of Alpine Berlinetta. The winner, Jean Vinatier (84 years old…), participated at the rallye and told to everybody a lot of nice stories of the 60's. It was an Alpine commemoration, with somme classics and three new Renault Alpine.
    For me especially, I was extremely pleased about Trudi, which have a new injection pump from Freisinger. The renovated gearbox with new synchro was also perfect. She has now 38'000 km since 2011 and always fast and reliable. Lucky me…

Name:  Alpes2018-7.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  113.3 KBName:  Alpes2018-5.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  Alpes2018-1.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  153.9 KBName:  Alpes2018-6.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  119.0 KBName:  Alpes2018-6.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  119.0 KBName:  Alpes2018-8.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  110.4 KBName:  Alpes2018-9.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  128.9 KB

The rallye finished on the roof of the Marriot with a splendid sun set ont the Croisette of Cannes! A last photo from me and Trudi on the Col de la Bonette at 2715 meters high. And no problem of carburation…

Name:  Alpes2018-3.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  119.9 KBName:  Alpes2018-2.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  81.0 KBName:  Alpes2018-12.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  120.6 KB

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Stunning Jacques and happy memories.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Wonderful event, Jack. Thanks for the photos. I would love to see more!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Jack, you win the internet for the week :-) I love Alpines too - new and old - thanks for the pics !
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Quote Originally Posted by brakekiller View Post
    Stunning Jacques and happy memories.
    Xavier, it was not a long time ago you did the Coupes des Alpes with me! 2015 precisely. And the event was as breathtaking as ever. Except for the number of bikers and cyclists... Because the Coupe des Alpes has to wait for the opening of the passes (Col de l'Iseran was still closed because of the snow) and to avoid the busy roads with the french vacations (beginning of july), there is not a big gap for the date! The bikers and the cyclists have the same problem, meaning everybody is on the passes on the same time. In the future, this crowding could be a thrill for our beautiful Coupe des Alpes. Let see. I heard the portuguese roads are free and perfect in autumn. Good to know…

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Next time am in, would be great to have Trudy and SHE together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Xavier, it was not a long time ago you did the Coupes des Alpes with me! 2015 precisely. And the event was as breathtaking as ever. Except for the number of bikers and cyclists... Because the Coupe des Alpes has to wait for the opening of the passes (Col de l'Iseran was still closed because of the snow) and to avoid the busy roads with the french vacations (beginning of july), there is not a big gap for the date! The bikers and the cyclists have the same problem, meaning everybody is on the passes on the same time. In the future, this crowding could be a thrill for our beautiful Coupe des Alpes. Let see. I heard the portuguese roads are free and perfect in autumn. Good to know…
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Concours d'Elegance du Château de Coppet 2018

Saturday, I visited this event which is becoming famous in Switzerland and in Europe as well. Not very far from the Concours d'Elegance de Chantilly in France.

Somme wundervoll cars. Just one Porsche. The 2.2 S 1970 of my friend Jack Logan. He participated with her at the Tour de France historique and finished 6th! Congratulations Jack!

Name:  Coppet13.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  174.7 KB

Name:  Coppet2018.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  127.0 KB

Name:  Coppet1.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  181.2 KB

More pictures...

Name:  Coppet2.jpg
Views: 240