Page 409 of 456 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4553

Thread: Show your ride...

Quote Originally Posted by Nashman View Post
    Hi...New to all this having just bought a late '68 build 911 S. Nice history car vin 119300908. Updated in the '80s so I will put it back to how it was....need to get it registered in the UK as it is currently registered in Southern Ireland. I have heard about Kardex - is there a way of getting one of these officially so I can prove it is a 1968 car - doesn't look like one at present. VIN on car is all present and correct as is vin tag. ]
    Nashman,

Your car was built mid March 1969, as it is a long wheel base (LWB) 69 911S, based on your supplied VIN 119300908.

That's quite a transformation it has gone through over the years...

Welcome and please start a thread, especially if that period photo is your car.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by ray15626 View Post
    1969 Ossi Blue
    Fantastic, my dream….an ossi blue 69
    Congratulation, Lucky men !
    JLC
    69 912 BARN FIND......55Kmiles
    79 SC us import

1702 member

John Fusco, as I live and breath, it’s been too long! Honestly, the car has never looked better, and it has always looked great. Dayum!

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

I have very recently acquired a RHD 1969 911S VIN 119300908 and have now managed to get the Kardex details.

I am a new to DDK, and indeed Porsche ownership. I have some pre-war stuff and do some (very) amateur competition in sprints, hillclimbs and the odd race. I already have too many cars but this was one I simply couldn't resist.

The car was sold through Porsche GB and delivered to Southern Ireland around March ’69. Its first owner was a guy called Cecil Vard (a wealthy furrier) who had competed in the Monte in the ‘50s and also raced a Frazer-Nash at Le Mans in ’54 – perhaps he had and developed his connection with AFN - Porsche GB over the years.

He entered and ran the car in the Circuit of Ireland Rally in 1971 of which there are some images and video on Youtube on a piece called ‘A Dash of the Irish’ – a 25 minute film – the Porsche featured - especially at around the 19 minute mark - being followed and commented on by Paddy Hopkirk. He also did the Galway Rally and possibly others – more research to follow there. The Circuit of Ireland has International status so its 8th place result is on the WRC Rally website. Co-driver was Paul Phelan.

I guess that about this time it needed a new engine. The engine fitted is a continuation number 6392129 so very late indeed and therefore I believe a factory supplied replacement. It is a 901/10 type but has no build number which would indicate a later construction. The gearbox has a LSD and is a 901/84 Neuburgring type - number 7394005. I guess this was a factory special order as they only appeared to supply 9 boxes in total of this type.

The car was sold in the early 1970s and then again to its last owner in 1977 – I am its fourth owner. The last guy owned a body shop and there are photos of it in various guises…His last work turned it into a 964 lookalike, with flared guards, later seats, centre console and massive wheels. The shell is original and it retains most of the original equipment which the Kardex lists as

Bahama Yellow – now blue
    Tinted glass all round
    Rear Wiper (not fitted but in a box)
    Recaro sports seats in black leatherette - replaced
    Sunroof
    Yellow Quartz front foglights – long gone
    Radio fit
    100 litre tank
    Rear tow hitch ??
    LSD
    Part bag on rear wall (whatever that is)

The current plan once I have smoked it around for a while is to strip it and give the shell to one of the top two-litre people in the UK to put back as it should be.

If anyone knows more of its early comp history that would be good. Also what a ‘Part bag on the rear wall’ looks like and ditto the rear tow hitch.

Herewith a couple of before pictures and what it looks like today.

Lots to do and I will be back for sure to ask for help with the small details. My intention is to put it back to exactly how it left the works…Name:  6.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  119.7 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  238.5 KBName:  tn_DSC01658.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  135.3 KB

I’m brand new to the forum and to Porsche ownership! I lusted after one since I was a kid and finally pulled the trigger earlier this year. Mine is a 1970 911T, matching numbers, original interior; mostly stock. I’m just trying to get to know it right now before I do anything to it. I did have the carbs rebuilt, brakes rebuilt, new carpets installed, and the steering wheel leather redone. I figured I’d make this my first post! Hopefully the photo shows up.

Name:  3283D2A9-05D2-4BFD-8E4A-8997B415B1A4.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  94.1 KB
    David Nelson

1970 911T
    1995 911 Carrera

Photo is perfect! Nice car & my favorite color! Enjoy, enjoy.....cliff
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Love to see the continuum of great cars on this thread...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by Gngroup View Post
    I’m brand new to the forum and to Porsche ownership! I lusted after one since I was a kid and finally pulled the trigger earlier this year. Mine is a 1970 911T, matching numbers, original interior; mostly stock. I’m just trying to get to know it right now before I do anything to it. I did have the carbs rebuilt, brakes rebuilt, new carpets installed, and the steering wheel leather redone. I figured I’d make this my first post! Hopefully the photo shows up.

Name:  3283D2A9-05D2-4BFD-8E4A-8997B415B1A4.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  94.1 KB
    Congratulations on your purchase. Now get in the car and drive it over the bridge to the EastBay on Saturday morning to participate in the Early911SRegistry Coffee and Doughnutfest in Emeryville. Come meet a long list of Porsche fans and your car and you will fit right in. The weather is going to be the best of the year and the coffee is as fresh as it can get and the doughnuts are, well they are doughnuts, what more can you say............

Jim
    Early911SRegistry/RGruppe Nor Cal Clubhouse Custodian
    4060 Harlan St
    Emeryville, Ca 94608
    Attached Images Attached Images  

^^^^ make sure to get there early for a bear claw
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    ^^^^ make sure to get there early for a bear claw
    Yea, and a parking spot on Harlan St. I got there at 7:30 last month and had to park on Park St (not a such a bad place, though in front of Pixar Studios). I did, at least, get to stop in front of the shop and unload 14 dozen doughnuts in stead of having to carry them from a half a block away.

Jim