Page 50 of 456 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your ride...

OK, OK, you R Gruppe guys have razzed me about them since I decided to put them on, but doesn't the hood look bright and shiny??

I know that the R Gruppe crowd doesn't use bumpers. When they crash, a bumper isn't going to help!!!
    Don't be so single focussed.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Kermie looks great Larry! He makes his own sunlight!

BTW, I contacted the hotel you will be staying at for the Taj Kreuzers event in June and reserved a second room for your bumper guards.

Remember Larry, the only reason Porsche used those bumper guards is because the US Govt forced them to! So, in a way it would be more "correct" to run the euro spec chrome guards just the way Porsche intended.

Single focused'ly yours,
    Dave
    RGruppe 252
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Ah Larry, dont listen to them...I like them bumpers!
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

Poor Larry, surrounded by hot-rodders! We tease because we love, buddy!
    Trust me, Larry can dish it out too! Im sure he will have pleanty of material when we all meet up again in June.
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

How about some nice chrome bumperettes? I put them on my 73.5 for a while (before going to FG bumpers).

Larry, I have the two front bumperettes off my car up for sale. I think adding two more up front would help

Man I gotta see what that would look like! Anyone with photochop?

Seriously Larry, looks like your guy did a hellava job on the paint! I love that earlier pic you took with the fall colors in the background!

Take care, only joshin!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I figured I would snap a picture of mine today so Larry could pick on her battle scars and age lines.
    I put new tires on the Americans this winter. 205/60 on the front and 215/60 on the rear. They fill up the wheelwells much better than those 195/65s that I had before. Other than that, its all pretty much status quo so far.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Hey Dave, have you been tracking the 5.5 mag AMRs on Evilbay? Are yours sixes?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I saw that they were up again after being "sold" once. Seem to be cool wheels although the 6" width makes them less desirable to the Porsche peeps. Would be cool for the front of my VW tho!
    Yes, mine are 6's
    Dave
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Guys -- Thanks for the compliments. Yes, the car's paint job is really top notch. I am very happy. Now if I could only get the MFI adjusted. Still working on that.

Dave:

Looks very nice. Surprising that the Frog Lights are still in one piece. I had always heard that they were stone catchers. My ears still remember last fall when we traded machines, and I was listening to your "S" wind up above 5K. SWEEEEEEEET.

Can't wait till JUne. There are so many things to do before then -- touch up my paint, wash and another wax, front wheel bearings and studs, and . . . . . Oh Yes, I need to polish my toolkit for the all important ToolKit Appreciation Hour. Will Dave come out on top? Will Larry's cleaning and polishing be enough to stem the challenge from the upstart? Only time will tell.

It will be a great weekend.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC