Page 51 of 456 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your ride...

Larry,
    I used some 3M clear adhesive sheild over the lamps to protect them. Working very well. Not a bad idea for the headlamps either.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

My first 911!

I finally picked it up and drove it back to Seattle this weekend from California. What a great car and great drive.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan
    Nice early plate Jerry! Kinda reminds me of somthin.
    hey Michael;
    what would THAT be ?? yours look like original plates to the car. mine look like they were replated sometime in the mid-70's. i've since added a black HOLBERT license plate frame. do i need a bumper sticker that reads;
    WHERE THE HELL IS WARRINGTON ?
    cheers
    jerry

Jerry, judging by the numbers on your plate it looks like it was early 70 when plated. (if I'm remembering correctly) My numbers start with 8 and the car was plated in Mar 70. That's what I was referring to. That and the back of a black car showing that blue nicely

I just thought of something. That picture is pretty dark on my monitor. Were you thinkin I had CA black plates? My plates are the blue.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan
    I just thought of something. That picture is pretty dark on my monitor. Were you thinkin I had CA black plates? My plates are the blue.
    you're right, the pic is dark, but the format says 'blue' (numbers first) i may be confused because black plates started in '63 with AAA 111 and progressed. i suppose my plates could be original issue. '69 was about the time the black plates were phasing out. i'm confusing 'format' with 'sequence'. i need to get a closeup of that Holbert frame. who needs Vasek anyway
    cheers
    jerry

KENIKH, that is a beeeeutiful "S"! Tell us more!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

It is a Euro S that was imported into the bay area (San Rafael) in 1984. It was originally green, although it is currently unknown which green. Best guess is signal green, leaf green or light metallic green. The car had a complete strip down repaint at one point, so there are no traces of the original color left to tell other than at the bottom of the seatbelt mounting holes. It is at this point I assume that the steel RS flares were grafted to the car; it is a very nice butt welded job. The paint and VIN plates are no longer with the car as a result of the aforementioned repaint but the car was verified by Porsche and a title search as not stolen.

After California, the car was moved to the south and spent some time in Tennessee, where it supposedly received a motor and tranny rebuild (no paperwork; compression, leak down and seat of pants assessment support this). It is at this point I assume the MFI was removed in favor of Webers. The PO had it shipped from NC back to the bay area (Half Moon Bay), where amazingly his mechanic (Junipero Serra Porsche) is convinced he used to work on the car in the '80s. Bill Bennett, the PO, posted about this car about a year back when he started restoring it from being a garish RS clone wannabe, to the beautiful sight we see today.

Our best guess is that I am either the third or fourth owner. Considering the condition of the car, it either has 115K or 215K miles, although my bet is 115K, which would line right up with having to rebuild the original 2L motor for the first time (10K miles ago).

Moving forward, I have tracked down a complete '69S MFI from one of our esteemed colleagues on this board. I should have the MFI back in before the end of the year if all goes as planned. It will be a slow process getting the car back to original, but I am in no hurry. It looks great and runs to match.

(edit) oh yeah, the wheels are Harvey Weidman restored RS fuchs. It has 205s and 225s F/R respectively.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

pic from '05 Rgruppe monterey meet

obligatory new guy photo of car...

1970 911E, S Front Suspension and Brakes, carrera tensioners, MFI, original interior and paint, my dad bought it in 1991, and I ressurected it starting in 2003 after it had sat for 7 years.

Britt

Very nice lookin ride there. Welcome to the forum.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330