Page 53 of 456 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your ride...

Welcome aboard Mitch...

Still have that early hood badge you gave me at Buttonwillow when your car was still green...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

It's not everybody's idea of an R Gruppe car, maybe, but it's mine.

Another Zach Mayne photograph:

Nice scenic picture of the spring foliage! Too bad that ugly black thing got in the way eh?
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

Cool pic. Jack, your car is the gold standard for hotrod 911s. Countless cars that have been posted over at Pelican have been compared to either BBI or BBII at some point. Some of them are probably cleaner and faster, other are obviously neither. Pics of BBI were what convinced me to pursue the lifelong dream of owning a 911. Id wanted one since I was a kid, but couldnt justify it until I saw pics of that car.
    #711 - expires 12/05
    1972 911T - Sepia 3.2 - For Sale

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JackOlsen
    It's not everybody's idea of an R Gruppe car, maybe, but it's mine.

Another Zach Mayne photograph:

Jack, that's one helluvan R Gruppe car! Make no mistake about it.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

a gathering of SWB cars in monterey: rolly's 67S, my 68L, rich's 67S, fred's 67S, marty definbach's 68L, and bob definbach's 67S. photo was taken by bob d.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

'67S Rally car interior

Hi Phil,
    My lightweight interior is budget...and still under development...but for now I've done it with Corbeau lightweight rally seats which are very inexpensive but very side suportive and very similar to rally/race seats from the 1960's, utilitarian 912 rubber floor mats, my stock door '67S door panels and a dash switch panel to allow for switching to backup ignition, fuel pump, auxillary lights and intercom radio. I've used this type of switch panel while running a V8 Camaro in SCCA racing. I'm also running a flat (not the later style dished) Momo Prototipo steering wheel (not shown) from the 1960's. There is room on the glove box front for a Rally clock which I'll install soon.
    In short, the interior is simple and inexpensive but should get the job done. Sorry I don't have more pictures of it but I think you'll get the idea. I"ve also included a couple of quick shots of the front and rear of the old '67S.

Rich
    Attached Images Attached Images     

your car

Rich,
    ..thats a very nice ride. Can you please tell me what the switch panel is made of and its thickness? I want that look too....thanx!

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Took this pic today... new "shallow 7R" wheels in the back.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Jared,

Great looking modification. Who did the work? What size spacer did you end up using?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299