Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: monterey '05

monterey '05

Chuck,how about you guys on the west coast arranging a get together in some local joint like we did at the daytona ale house

Frank,

If you mean in 13 months ('05) that would give us plenty of time to organize.

However, if you mean in 4 weeks ('04) then I'm not sure... not sure of just how many are goin' ...

This might be the first time I'm hear'n that the BUCKS are a REAL concern. (Concourso is $100 just to get in this year)

I might be go'n to the races for whole weekend... not sure about anything else.

Anybody?
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

04 Not 05

cHUCK,sorry about that,I did mean '04. isn't there a pub or some hotel with a bar out of monterey we could meet for a drink.some one pick a place,who ever can show up stop by

Chuck, Frank;
    we are doing a pre dawn 5:30 am run for friday only , from van nuys in so cal to concorso, then back the same day (back at 10:30 pm). We did it last year and had a blast! we used some of the same back roads from R gruppe weekend so it wasn't all oogling red eyetalian steed and their mandatory long legged accessories. We have 4-6 early cars already committed for the day. I really would enjoy the car parades (er.. i mean races ) and the auctions, but at this point the weekend is getting ridiculou$$$

Let me get back to-ya Dave...

Had a lot of fun on the last run, and put some new S-03's on rear for the next
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

interesting mix of people so far too: cigar company exec (RSR clone), publishing exec (RS clone) , musician ("ST-R"), mixed media artist (S targa-2.7), me (914-6 3.0 on steroids <new motor chuck!), real estate developer (ZO-6 ) and possibly one or two more. Got my V1 and several walkie talkies- no cell service on some of the roads

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227
    cHUCK,sorry about that,I did mean '04. isn't there a pub or some hotel with a bar out of monterey we could meet for a drink.some one pick a place,who ever can show up stop by
    Hi Frank,

My wife and I will be going out for the Historics next month and would enjoy getting together sometime during the weekend. Chris H. and Ernie W. always go to the event also, so it would be fun to get together with them too. At the track where do you usually hang out? Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Monterey '04

Brian,i Will Arrive Thurs 8/12 Staying At The Marriott In Monterey;at The Track I Usually Hang Out With That Great Porsche Photo'er Hal Thoms He Usually Has A Mobile Home With A Porsche Flag On Top;my Cell# Is 201-286-0676.it Would Be Great To See You Guys

IF I go... I'll be up Thurs. afternoon or Fri. morning ... Either in my blue car, my pickup, or in a Dutchman 24' motor home... how's THAT for vague...

My cell # is (818)416-4425
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

If yawl get tired of all those Ferraris...

Stop by and say hello.

I'll be in the paddock with a bright orange '56 solid axle Corvette, #97. Car is owned by a good friend of mine, and I'll be in the paddock both the Pre-Historic and Historic weekends, performing yeoman duty...

It'll be good to put some faces to the names...so stop by.

Cheers
    Thom Kuby

PS - anyone staying at the Way Station Inn?