Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bert Olander 911R at Pebble

Michael - the steering wheel is not a Nardi. From what I've seen on a couple of 911R's with this style of steering wheel I think the Factory used the 906 wheel with an extra layer of leather over the rim (like they later did to produce the RSR wheel from the RS version).

This is the 906 wheel:

Brian - the registration number of that RHD LWT looks familiar - let me rack my brain for a while to see if I can remember who owns it.

Andy
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Thanks Andy! I was arguing with another guy about it not being a Nardi. From the bolt pattern it appears to be factory designed? Did they possibly source an early MOMO? That wheel is the business!

Chuck posted an early picture of I think a different car in the other R thread that showed the same metal badging. The standard 911 badge offset with the "R" from the porsche deck lid script added separately.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Can I stay on the board if I confess... I would gladly sell my soul for this Blackhawk 275 GTB/4:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

This car is indeed the Matsuda car,...I have the Matsuda Collection book, and and the chassis number matches from the book to the Blackhawk description....plus the pics are identical (except what's been noted already).

Eric
    p.s.
    I used to own the 914/6 that was in the Matsuda collection.....not exactly the same

Anyone, is this an auction or a sale? Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Brian, this is from their home page-

Feature: We are pleased to present over 85 of some of the world’s finest Antique, Classic and Custom Coachwork automobiles available for individual sale.
    Time: Wednesday & Thursday 11:00am - 6:00pm
    Friday & Saturday 10:00am - 8:00pm
    Sunday 8:00am - 6:00pm

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Jens is right

For at least the last several years the Blackhawk cars have been displayed on the par 3 golf course at Pebble Beach between the Lodge and the Polo field where the Christies auction has been held. The Blackhawk cars are arrayed on the grass and in a big tent. It's a short walk from the hotel.

Few if any Porsches there in recent years They've had a very eclectic mix of old American classics, muscle cars (particularly Corvettes), as well as a sprinkling of European cars and one-off factory prototypes.
    Dick Moran

Bert Ohlander

Funny - I bought a new Porsche from Bert Ohlander (correct spelling) a few years ago. He was then a dealership salesman and told me that he had been working with Porsche for over 30 years. He said that Seinfeld was one of his clients.
    Dick Moran

Bert Ohlander used to be sales manager for Circle Porsche in Long Beach for years ... I believe he was manager when my car sold there new.

He was also a pretty damn good race driver - P.O.C./P.C.A. and SCCA starting in the late 50's.

I've been looking for a period/metal Circle Porsche license frame and people say that the only one they've seen for the last 25 years is on Bert's own Mercedes.

Cheers, and still look'n
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Didn't Ohlander also drive/work for Vasek Polak for a while?

Speaking of license plate frames, I'm looking for one from Dick Barbour Porsche+Audi to go on my /6. All help is appreciated. (I'm on the east coast, so searching the CA swap meets is a little inconvenient!)

Jack
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro