Thread: Attn: Seat Police

Attn: Seat Police

Came across this advertisement in the Oct. 1972 Pano. It claims the factory used Scheel seats in all ST's. True?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Fire up the time machine, wer'e goin back
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

I'll take a pair of the Rallye 400s for $400 including shipping! Think they'd still send them out for that price?
    '71 911S Targa

Perhaps it was a "driver preference" thing? My (fading) memory gives me the thought that Scheel was one of the first to come out with "high back" seats. "highbacks", to my eye, look great in '74 and beyond cars...the years below that? A matter of opinion, I guess. I do think that Recaro is not the be all, end all, when it comes to seating. There are other options out there, depending on taste and comfort.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

the seat on the right side of this 911R looks very much like the 300 without the headrest I have seen many pictures of early race cars with Scheel seats as to which came from the factory and which were added later I'm not sure there is a way to tell, I agree with paul, I think the driver would have more to say about it then anything else.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )