Thread: I'm looking for this style of front plate holder can anyone help

I'm looking for this style of front plate holder can anyone help

I've seen these on a couple of other SWB cars, but I don't know who would sell them?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Sam,

That is the Porsche mounting bracket that fits all early cars I believe. They are NLA unfortunately. But check ebay. They come up for sale occasionally. In fact, just last week I bought an NOS mounting kit complete with all of the original mounting hardware. And a lot of hardware there is.

If it would help, I could take some detailed photos and post them. It wouldn't be a hard part to fabricate.

Sam,
    While looking for other parts last night, I saw a set of these in my stash, NOS. Now I have to refind them! Last night was a long time ago in MY mind.

The NLA brackets are a slightly different shape than the one shown on the Prototype car. They are also one piece galvanized steel where I think the Proto bracket is two piece aluminum with a welded seam.

The Proto bracket is better looking to me with that smooth curve coming off the valance. I'm going to build myself a set as soon as I get a few other projects done.

As for the stock brackets ask on the Pelican board too. There's lots around.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Scope Creep Poster Child
    Sam-
    I got a set of the galvanized version from Tweeks, but it's been a few years. They fit very well.
    -Scott
    Early S Registry 1047
    ’15 VW GTI
    '70 911E, Sold

'56 Cliff May Prefab