Thread: Some valuation help needed...

Some valuation help needed...

All,
    to start off with, I realize the name of this forum is "early 911s"...so, please be patient with me here. I promise I won't make this a big deal on the board.

Anyway, does anyone around here dabble in 914/6s at all?

I have an opportunity to buy a numbers-matched, full-history-known-from-new, San Diego-based car for a reasonable amount of money...but here's the rub: the currently black paint should be changed back to the original Gemini Blue the car started out with. It also needs some other things, but, to me, the paint is the big ticket...I'm thinking 6-7k for a complete, color-change paint job... am I close on that? The car itself is all there, and the running gear is in great shape. I suspect that since I'd be painting it, the usual "while yer in there" routine will take hold in no time - been there done that.

So, Anyone care to take a swag at what a car like this might be worth? I love 914s...this would be my third one, and an original six banger to boot.

I sincerely appreciate the collective wisdom, input, and judgement this forum provides.
    That said, thanks a million for your time.

cheers
    Thom Kuby

Thom? FWIW, I'm passing this thread on to a guy who owns the best 14-6 I know of...maybe he'll choose to reply here, maybe he'll choose to PM you. IMHO? 14-6's are way cool, and highly under valued in The P-car world....
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Hello Thom,

I own a factory 914-6 that I purchased 2.5 years ago.
    Despite the general ignorance surrounding these cars and the misappropriated "VW" stigma they are a very rare and fun to drive machine.
    Send me a PM about your car and I will tell you what I know.

Tom Wilkinson
    R Gruppe #130

1970 914-6 2.5
    1973 911 2.7RS spec.

You can also can go visit the 914 Faithful here: http://www.914club.com.

A buddy of mine runs a 914-6 at AutoX, between him and his Co-driver, they are always up there int he standings. Great car!
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Tom,
    Sent a PM your way...looking fwd to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
    Thom Kuby