Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Kardex!!!

Both cars were bought by Jo Siffert, and this is certainly his dealership.

Les Daillettes 513

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    . . . this is certainly his dealership . . .
    Not so sure that this address is for a dealership. He had three (?)

And 'Les Daillettes' runs all over the place. 'Flown' through that whole area sooooo many times (on Google Maps) but couldn't find any addresses as high as '513.' Looks to be a mostly-commercial district now . . . but who knows what it was 45 years ago

And check-out those houses in the Southwest corner of these map-snaps

If I ever make it to Fribourg? . . . I'd knock on every door

Attached Images Attached Images     

We Can Be Heroes

'69 'S' Coupe . . .

VIN = 119300950
    Eng# = 6391347
    Trans# = 7195444

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...Kurt-Ahrens-jr

. . . ex-Kurt Ahrens

(This is why everyone needs to get their Kardex --- 'cause . . . ya just never know what'll turn-up. Or where)

We Can Be Heroes

'66/'67 Targa . . .

VIN = 500006
    Eng# = 900541
    Trans# = 103011

We Can Be Heroes

'66 911 Coupe . . .

VIN = 302805
    Eng# = 902765
    Trans# = 224084
    Prod# = ?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post997838

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds View Post
    For those who haven't seen this it is the Production order (right side) and Conversion order (left side) for my RS. The production order was for the homologation version and then following the weight check it was converted to the version the customer ordered. In this case a 'touring' M472 package.

So this car was 'born' on Jan. 16 1973. It was delivered with option 440, a retractible antenna, left, and loudspecker, and option 650, electric sliding roof. The interesting thing is the option for Sport seats with perlon cord (409 with interior code 12) is crossed out. This confirms what the original owner told me in a letter and shows in a photo he sent, that the car was delivered with stock seats. The odd thing is that the car coincidently now has sport seats with perlon cord inserts. Where those came from I don't know and no they are not for sale SATman.
    Hi Brian. Picked up on old post. PM sent.

The Fahrzeug Auftrag ( production order) and Conversion Order for my early RS also has items struck through in the same distinctive way as yours but imo it doesn't denote in its case that these items were removed from the production order. Probably a coincidence that for some period your sports seats were removed tallying to the form markup.

Obviously I don't know your cars history nor would I argue with old photo from PO but not sure it isn't a coincidence.

Striking out an order line item with ruler/pen does not necessarily indicate not fitted. If that were the case then my car wouldn't be M472 because that entry is crossed out in my car's form! Also some but not all other items stuck through in same style but options were included in my car as it left factory.Possibly the striking through was just some worker, QA inspector or admin staff marking the line as complete -- cross out one person's way to show completed their work station's "to do" list. Part of the extensive QA checklist. Marks in different format are found against other items presumably done by different workers at different stations. Looking overall eems to suggest they marked work as done onto one copy of form that travelled with car and one copy retained. The A5 have evidence of being old school multipart self-carbon copy distribution of sheet nr (blatt?) And dept printed in left margin.

Iirc somewhere in forum there is a fsctory tour picture of an M491 RSR chassis as work in process on the assembly line around spring 73 with its production order A5 clearly attached to the ducktail. No evidence of coloured stickers for engine gearbox at that earlyish stage in cycle.

These two cover pages you describe show the key milestones through lifecycle progression of 911744: komm nr>production nr > engine nr > gearbox nr > chassis vin nr > key nr. The origination point significantly for full numbers matching elements coming together on the forms :initially as you say in homologation car configuration as weighed/ certified for FIA, then as final conversion configuration post conversion. Colourful stickers with Nr /date stamps for each major element plus other stamps and handwritten annotations showing changes from RSH config to final config eg final wheel tyre size and make superceded the 165 homologation of different make used temporarily , coloured decals and customer's selected M option numbers. Culminating in a final date stamp on upper fahzeug auftrag presumably the definitive d-o-b for each matching number car. Part of a comprehensive quality package comprising other cards and multipart self Carbon forms. Ground zero paper form for numbers match. Kardex seems to be about tracking warranty.

Handy to have genuine factory forms like Kardex or this with contemporaneous handwritten notes/amendments, check marks, strikethrough on file -- order to production completion chronology -- noting significant milestones particularly when so many examples have sketchy or dubious provenance.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 03-17-2019 at 05:17 PM.

1965 912: in the Handler column, what is the notation under Sonauto that looks like "rep. abt", the cost is high; replacement engine?
    Name:  Kardex Original.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  139.9 KB
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica87911 View Post
    1965 912: in the Handler column, what is the notation under Sonauto that looks like "rep. abt", the cost is high; replacement engine?
    Name:  Kardex Original.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  139.9 KB
    reparatur abteilung---repair department
    i think a replacenet engine would have been noted in the kardex...below the engine #

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    i think a replacement engine would have been noted in the kardex...below the engine #
    Franz, what do you make of the lt.AB 740523 above the engine #. To me that may be laut Abnahmebescheinigung; thus: according to acceptance certificate (the engine found on inspection is actually 740523, and not the engine as recorded at the factory).

Also, I need a bit of translation regarding this Kardex. It seems to be about multiple transmissions (4?) installed in a car. 62140 was the first installed, but not sure of the sequence following. Also what is the rubber stamp in lower right; can you guess?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

My 67 911S. I am the third owner - odd though - my last name is the same as the first's owners. Karma?????

Name:  Kartex 306927.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  165.0 KB
    DD: 2008 Aston Matin V8 Vantage (manual)
    Wife's: 2020 Cayenne (white - black/red)
    2008 Porsche GT3-RS (modified)
    1978 Porsche 930 (heavily modified)
    1967 Porsche 911S outlaw (sold)