Thread: Living vicariously through others...

Living vicariously through others...

so....

...Thursday morning I'm heading back to LA along the PCH after mountain biking with my boss up in Thousand Oaks, and what do I see coming my way, but a beautiful sounding gulf-orange RS (clone?). I got excited at the sighting, wondering what he was up to on a work-day, but it didn't hit me until I saw several other early 900s in close pursuit. Soon enough, a parade of Porsches come streaming along the ocean at Zuma Beach.

I guess that was the Monterey caravan heading out. I'm sure you guys had a great drive up the Coast and fun at the races. Give me a couple years, and I'll be right there with you guys. In the mean time, I'll just live vicariously through this and other boards.

I just hope that by the time I'm able to join the club officially, all you old "geezers" are still around to show me the ropes.
    "The 908 Kind"

93 VW Corrado - VR6
    (my Porsche in training)

I have a blog!!

rennlist gallery

Cool

Dear Das (I'll call you Das ),

You'd be surprised how cheaply you can get your arse into a 911 for. If you can wrench the thing yourself, or take the time to learn, a few grand can get you into the game "officially"; behind the wheel of yer own 911 sport car.

Keep your eyes open and dig around, they're out there. I'm almost ashamed of the paltry sums I've given for the last 6 or 7 Porsches I've bought for myself and my Heidi. I feel the need to go to confession one of these days....

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

several grand

Thanks Jens,

I'm hoping that in 2-3 years my career will finally be settled enough, that I'll be able to "get in the game". I've had my eye on 912s for a little while, cause I think they are a very under-rated Porsche: not quite a 911, but not really a 356 either.

Take care and thanks for the support.
    "The 908 Kind"

93 VW Corrado - VR6
    (my Porsche in training)

I have a blog!!

rennlist gallery

The 912 with a type IV engine, some upgrades and tweaks...oh yeah, that'd make a good'un.

One of my favorite cars is the 912R that Emory built for a customer up in the Bay area.

RGruppe #183

This one was posted on "the other" board a few months back. Gave me a lot of ideas. Of course, those rare bosch lenses in the back, plus the nice repro seats just about doubled the cars value.

BTW, if anyone comes across a tangerine, SWB 912, with the 3-gauge cluster and optional 5 speed tranny, let me know.
    "The 908 Kind"

93 VW Corrado - VR6
    (my Porsche in training)

I have a blog!!

rennlist gallery

Talking

Not half bad! Funny belts.

RGruppe #183