Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Vintage P Dealer Plate Frames.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    So that's it so far in vintage dealer frame reference? We GOTTA do better than this! (Sam's brilliant frames excluded of course).

Ray, is the newer Vasek frame plastic or metal?

Paul, either you secretly have that car painted every month, or that color shifts like the San Andreas in different light. Love the matching garbage can . How much would the value go down if you removed and re-installed that crest?
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

I only have a....

Pile of reciepts for "Tourist Delivery" from Max Moritz GMBH. My cars original owner flew to Germany for delivery. I have the round German plate and the 30 day temporary registration that goes with. I also have the stack of letters and shipping info that follows the car onboard the ship to California.

No plate frames though. Shawn.

edit: yeah, wholy crap, Pauls car does keep gettin' better looking. Sweet Bench mark. S.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    Looks like Peter & Sheryl Dunkels Carrera 2 'bubble car' ... they keep it in one of those air bubble car covers in their museum... wonderful car
    Actually, you're very close Chuck...yes, this is Dunkels' C-2. However the "bubble car" (aka "pheasant under glass") is a concours-level silver speedster.

Peter and Cheryl told me a great story about how they pursued - and finally bought - this Carrera...So many people had bugged the CA DMV for this tag, that finally it was issued via a lottery to the initial owner. It took Peter and Cheryl something like 13-15 years to persuade the previous owner to part with both the Carrera and this license plate...the thrill of the hunt.

And yes, the Carrera is a driver - it's a very nice car.

Cheers
    Thom Kuby

Who's right?

RC70s and Sithots badges look different to me. Maybe it's the blurry image of RC70s that is fooling my eye but.... I've got two identical early badges at home. I'll post pics later. I think mine look more like Sithots.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Badges? Pretty easy to tell the old from the new, seeing them side by side. Tom's pic is sharper focus..The license plate frames? Back when I was buying new P-cars, I usually tossed 'em as soon as I drove the car home. Didn't want to advertise for the dealer. I'm thinking many others did the same? In my case, I'm sure it's no big loss. My '66 912 came from a VW dealer, as did my '69 912. The '70 T was Continental Porsche Audi in Portland...None of these frames would be considered hot items at a swap meet, I'm sure...gotta be stoddard, Brumos, Vasek Polak, one of the "hot" dealers, right?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

70SATMan, please post your badges. I agree with you. I see a difference between mine and Sithot. I don't think it is just the photo quality.I am assuming it is the original from on my 72 S Targa.

Could it be a repro? Or did they change bages throughout the years?

We need the Super Secret Badge Police!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Ray, hard to tell in your photo...the definition of the lines on the horse's hooves hard to make out. Tom's badge and mine are VERY similar, though I think the gold in mine looks a bit more "golden"? Orange vs. green surrounding color could be a factor...I do know that repros are made. I've never seen one, but I understand the quality isn't the same...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

The ultimate Porsche plate frame? Rennman may have both ......
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I'll post the pics tonight after I get home from work. There are differences is the Prancing Pony and I've seen very distinct differences in the backside too. I assumed it was a difference between the original castings and the first run of repros which I've heard was very close on the enamel colors. I can't believe that the company making these for Porsche had only one mold and molds only last so long. It could explain the slight differences. My two have the exact same irregularities in the casting on the backside so I know they came from the same mold. The first came off my 70S which I know was original back to 75. The second one I bought awhile back.

Anyone with a first run of the repros that could post a pic?
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Here are mine. I've seen some where they are pebbled on the back like in the field of the shield in front. They also had the 901. Mine aren't pebbled on the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Michael

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586