Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Vintage P Dealer Plate Frames.

Here's a suppossed 67 original.

Tried to upload the picture of the back but, it's to small. This one is pebbled on the back.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

nope...not gonna pull mine for a peek at the backside...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I'd be happy with a good digital picture of the front of yours PWD. I know yours is a reference. There's got to be someone close to you with a digital cam.

There are differences on the fronts as well. I wonder if Frank G. took any pictures of his reference caliber badges. Calling all one owners!!!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

A Brumos frame just seemed right for my '73. I have to confess, it's not old though. They gave it to me just for asking a couple of years ago on my way through Jacksonville.
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan
    I'd be happy with a good digital picture of the front of yours PWD. I know yours is a reference. There's got to be someone close to you with a digital cam.

There are differences on the fronts as well. I wonder if Frank G. took any pictures of his reference caliber badges. Calling all one owners!!!
    Not too close to me that I know of...but next car gathering, I'll ask around, see if somebody could take a badge pic, email it to me...what I find funny? Wayne Dempsey's 101 projects book suggests getting rid of the old badge and replacing with new as one of the projects...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    Wayne Dempsey's 101 projects book suggests getting rid of the old badge and replacing with new as one of the projects...
    OK, any of you guys that want to do that as part of your 101 Projects for your early car. . . . . just send me the old, left over parts. I will discard them for you. (right onto Kermit's hood)

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Hood Badges

I have 2 original hood emblems, just like the pictures Michael posted, but both are missind an orange bar. Do you know if there's a way to remove a bar and place it on the other badge. This way I'll have one in good shape.
    Henry

Back to original topic.

I have on old Brumos license trim ring, and will trade for a Chick Iverson, or Vasek Polak (old only....)

Thanks,

Eric
    elinden@earthlink.net

Eric, out of curiosity is your Brumos piece much different from mine shown in the post above?
    Tom Morgan
    Charlotte, NC
    '18 Carrera T - R #368, S #692
    1973 Giulia Super 1.3

I believe the 'early' factory badges stopped being available around the late '80s ... Stoddard had the 'first' run of repros done about '89 and were excellent ... Stoddard jobbed them to the West Coast through Tweeks in Long Beach ... I know a couple of people that tried to buy them out... fortunately when I first redid my car in '90 I got the last one in the display case. Subsequent runs have not been the same quality.

I loaned my OE badge to Nic Roveda ... it was unfortunately stolen from a body shop RIGHT OFF THE HOOD OF HIS CAR ... of course they played dumb.

Nic replaced my original with one he got on eBay... I have another that was given to me years ago from Mitch Rossi... I keep the good repro on the car, and the two old ones in my tool box...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter