Page 57 of 77 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Me Your Vintage P Dealer Plate Frames.

Porsche Dealer Listings

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    . . . I have a few Robert brown frames that that have that "diamonized" corner as opposed to the cross hatched. I'll try and find a pic or two . . .
    Ya-know, jos --- I only just noticed that little detail in passing. Now I'm prolly gonna end-up going back and looking at ALL my frames to try and distinguish that feature

And I'd love to see any frames that you have --- diamondized or not

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    . . . ever considered putting together a PDL List for all the dealers from '65-'73? . . .
    Did . . . once. For '69 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...canada+dealers

A real chore to do, too --- ridiculous amount of time/effort/brain cells involved . . .

But some other things . . .

I only track the dealers from '69-on --- the ones that would've sold LWB cars . . . mostly because that's what kinda car I have. I could do more years --- but I don't have the PDL for '71 . . . so even that listing would be incomplete

As for going back any earlier --- for the SWB cars . . . that Samba listing is prolly accurate for Porsche, as well. VW was HUGE in the US, Back Then --- with millions of cars sold. With only a few of exceptions, Porsche was very-much a side-show for any dealers who sold the handful of cars Porsche sent over here. (I believe V Polak was the only Porsche-only dealer in North America for some time --- I mean, even Holbert and Brumos had to peddle Bugs, at the beginning.) Up 'till '69, seems that any VW dealer could support Porsche. But not many dealers bothered to tool-up to brand that connection

In other words . . . I think the Samba list 'll do --- for SWB, anyway

Last edited by LongRanger; 02-11-2017 at 05:09 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

It's been about 5 years since this dealer frame has made an appearance in this thread but I picked up this Merlin Olsen Encino frame to clean it up and refresh it. Maybe I'll find good homes for all these ones I've been buying eventually, but until then they make for nice décor.

Name:  IMG_9182.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  201.8 KB
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Northwood . . .

. . . from the '71 + '72 PDLs . . .

Northwood Porsche Audi, Inc
    1326 N.E. Loop 410 Expressway
    San Antonio, TX

Matte white lettering (sloppily re-touched on the bottom, me-thinks) in dark bluish-gray 'phonographed' letter-boxes, flash-chromed, w/ no Makers' marks/ID. Plate = std TX YoI pass

Anonymous, again. Tidy little Volvo store there now

Attached Images Attached Images       

We Can Be Heroes

Looking for a Masterson VW Porsche frame from Ventura CA. if anyone has any leads...Thanks Steve
    1969 911 E #824

Continental Porsche/Audi Portland

Correct dealer for my 63, but obviously post 68 since it has Audi on the frame too. Looking for the earlier Porsche/VW version.

Continental

Quote Originally Posted by L.a.Brooks View Post
    . . . Correct dealer for my 63 . . .

I know of 7 dealers that called themselves 'Continental' --- including two in Oregon

How did you determine that this frame belongs to the one in Portland?

Another post . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . from the '70 thru '72 PDLs . . . I think

Continental Porsche Audi, Inc
    4155 E. Speedway
    Tucson, AZ

. . .

Nice frame, btw . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Correct dealer for my 63, but obviously post 68 since it has Audi on the frame too. Looking for the earlier Porsche/VW version.
    Certainly could be from one of the other Continental's. Since it was issued at least five years after my car was sold it couldn't have come on my car anyhow so it's irrelevant. A couple things make me think it is from the Portland Continental:

The paint is green, which I remember from seeing them at the dealer during many visits in the 70's. I didn't care for green 356's (or green 911's for that matter) and at the time wondered why they would use green paint on their frames. The other reason is that this one says Porsche-Audi(which I also remember), most of the others I've seen say Porsche+Audi.

I should mention that since then I have found a couple rare greenish colors that I do like such as Smyrna that was on a another 63 I owned a few years ago.

Curious where the other Continental in Oregon was?

I've included a picture of the Tucson, AZ Continental that has Porsche+Audi and used black ink.
    Last edited by L.a.Brooks; 02-15-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Another Continental . . .

. . . could be from one of the other Continental's

. . . Curious where the other Continental in Oregon was? . . .

. . . from the '72 PDL . . .

Continental Porsche Audi
    80 Centennial Loop
    Eugene, OR

We Can Be Heroes

I thought that might be the one you were thinking of - it's listed wrong on some lists. It was Centennial Porsche that was once at this location.
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . from the '72 PDL . . .

Continental Porsche Audi
    80 Centennial Loop
    Eugene, OR

Last edited by L.a.Brooks; 02-15-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Still looking for a Stoddard frame! Help!
    ESR # 3177