Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Car Rotisserie

Car Rotisserie

I need your help, I'm looking for a car rotisserie for my upcoming restoration of my 911. Any information would be helpful, photos, drawings, or where I can buy one (hopefully a used one). Looking forward to the answers I get.

All the best!
    Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Roger,
    This info is for a 914-6 GT rotisserie, might help.

http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/my_9146_...914_rotisserie
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry

Roger, many people use 2 engine stands to start. They can be picked up on the Recycler.com cheap. Here's a pic of one I like. I think most are homemade.

I agree...that is a real nice one.... space permitting I'd love to own that...!!!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Roger,
    I have one that was professionally made. Bought it from a company in N.C. about 10 years ago. It was about $1000, and worth it. I bought the optional inflatable rubber tires like on a big wheel barrow. That is good because when you push it around the little steel wheels don't drop into a pavement crack or little pothole. They are so much easier to use with the rubber tires. I then made specific adapters to mount it on a 65-68 911. The front mounts to the bumper mounts on the unibody, which are differant than the 69-73 cars.
    I noticed in Hemmings Motor news that this company is still in business. You can buy one for your project and then sell it when your done for close to what you paid for it. If interested, I can look for the #.

Keep it coming

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for the pictures and info, keep it coming. Rick please do send me the number.
    All the best!
    Roger

Rear mounting?

Hello I'am in the process or gutting and striping a 911. I have a rotisserie in the back conner of my garage that I have had since I restored a 69 Chevelle some years ago. My question is this. Are the rear bumper mounts (if you can call them that) on the 911 strong enough to mount the rear with? You know the 4-8mm thread allen head bolts! If they aren't how should the rear get attached. Don't want to fold or drop the 911 on it's head. It' had a hard enough life up till now. Thanx in advance for any help.
    Regards, Bill
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

Bill

The rear bumper mounts are M8 and are plenty strong enough for the spit mount.
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

You can kind of see mine on p. 64 of the "show your rides thread." I adapted it from several I saw on Pelican. It is absolutely indispensible for a bare metal resto. I've had the car on its side and upside down with absolutely no problems. If you want I can post some better pics. Spent about $300 in materials and welded it up over a couple of weekends. Mine looks a lot like the one Milt posted, but it has a winch on either end for raising and lowering the car off of jackstands which is a great feature.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437