Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: R GRUPPE European Car layout scanned

ahh yes...... that was a real fun morning.

As always, thanks so much Sam for the photo memories.
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Thumbs up SAM CAM on the scene!

Sam,
    Once again SAM CAM is on the scene to capture the fun. It's too bad there were no pictures of the MOST fun part of the day, the drive along the top of the mountains from the photo site to breakfast. To me it was one of the BEST drives the R Gruppe has ever done, one FANTASTIC road!
    Thanks for being a part of the Gruppe, for your photographic talent and for suggesting the driving route that morning!

All the best!
    Roger
    R gruppe #27

What road was that, Roger, the Glendora Ridge Road to Mt Baldy? That is a fantastic road. I go there more often than the Santa Monicas.

Or, maybe you guys were near Angles Crest and took a side road. I think this Spring I'll run the entire ACH from the 14 to the 15.

Back to the story, that's the core of the gruppe. Some of the best pics I've seen yet. Long lens, 100 feet away does a nice shot. Great cars. Great pics. Thanks.

Any photog who wears Chuckies instead of Nikes is okay in my book. The problem? Chuckies now made in China, Converse recently bought by Nike. It's getting tougher & tougher to be anti establishment... Sam? Many thanks for the pics! Paul
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    Any photog who wears Chuckies instead of Nikes is okay in my book. The problem? Chuckies now made in China, Converse recently bought by Nike. It's getting tougher & tougher to be anti establishment... Sam? Many thanks for the pics! Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Maybe it's time to all chip in and get Sam a Sony DV camera....I can hear the next step calling Sam.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Schooley
    Maybe it's time to all chip in and get Sam a Sony DV camera....I can hear the next step calling Sam.
    videos are great but most people tend to tense up as soon as you point a video camera at them, I think mainly because they know that people will not only be able to see them but they will get to here everything that comes out of their mouths and lets face it most of us don't have that much to say that we want recorded for posterity, heck it's taken me years just to get everyone comfortable with the idea of just posing for stills, the nice thing about stills is that you click the shutter and it freezes a moment in time and your done everyone can relax, when your shooting video it's a process, if you want it to look and sound good you have to become a movie director, stand here,look this way, this is what I want you to say, don't get me wrong if everyone is up for it it can be a lot of fun Cain shot some video at the last Cambria and some stuff at the track and edited it together for the dinner at Monterey and it was some great stuff, you never know I may pick up a video camera again in the future, heck I've got thousands of feet of super 8 stuff from back in the van club days ( the 70's for those of you who are two young to remember ) those were some crazy days, it seems like another life time ago.
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Wow, those are some wonderful pictures. Makes me want to check out my chances of moving back to California again and bring my '67 to join the fun...
    Arjen
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

Thumbs up Nice Fotos

Would have loved to be there!!
    Cheers!

Thorsten Klein,
    RGruppe #276, Weissach, Germany

1973 Porsche 911 T/R (R ennsemmel) -
    LICENSED IN GERMANY (!!) WITH 106dB
    LEISTRITZ FACTORY SPORT MUFFLER!!!
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!

2014 991 Carrera (bad weather P car )
    1997 RenaultSport Spider (the 'last' Alpine)

"Das letzte Fahrzeug auf Erden - wird ein Sportwagen sein..." (F.Porsche)

Quote Originally Posted by thorsten73
    Would have loved to be there!!
    Cheers!
    You can be here, just hop on the next Jet, and get your butt over here. You can drive one of my cars anytime. Hope all is well in the motherland of Porsche!!!
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224