Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve / New Years Day Info. For So.cal

New Years Eve / New Years Day Info. For So.cal

NEW YEARS EVE :

A GROUP OF US ARE GETTING TOGETHER FOR DINNER IN WESTLAKE VILLAGE, EADE HAS RESERVED A TABLE FOR FOURTEEN IF YOU WISH TO JOIN US AND HAVE NOT ALREADY TALKED TO EADE PLEASE CONTACT EADE ASAP AS THIS WILL BE NEW YEARS EVE AND WE ARE TRYING TO AVOID ANY PROBLEMS NOW.

FOR THOSE THAT ARE NOT DRIVING HOME AFTER DINNER :

HOTEL INFO : http://www.westlakevillageinn.com/main.html

MAP TO HOTEL : http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...ntry=us&zoom=5

NEW YEARS DAY

RISE AND SHINE (YEAH, LIKE THATS GOING TO HAPPEN) FOR THOSE OF US EARLY RISERS WE WOULD LIKE TO BE AT TRE MOTORSPORTS NO LATER THEN EIGHT THIRTY ( PREFERABLY EARLIER) AS THE PARKING IS TIGHT AND MUCH OF THE STREET HAS NO PARKING SIGNS, ALTHOUGH THE POLICE DID DRIVE BY LAST YEAR, NO ONE WAS TICKETED. DAVE ALWAYS HAS COFFEE AND ROLLS AND OF COURSE A RESTROOM, EVERYONE TENDS TO LEAVE TRE SHORTLY AFTER NINE FOR THE REEL INN

INFO. FOR TRE MOTORSPORTS :http://www.tremotorsports.com/Contacts.htm

MAP TO TRE MOTORSPORTS :http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?zo...an_x=0&pan_y=0

PLAN B :

IF YOUR NOT WILLING (OR ABLE) TO MEET US AT TRE MOTORSPORTS HEAD DOWN TO THE REEL INN THE TRE GROUP USUALLY ARRIVES SHORTLY BEFORE TEN

Reel Inn Fresh Fish Restaurant 18661 Pacific Coast Hwy Malibu, CA 90265
    MAP TO THE REEL INN : http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed...w=1&name=&qty=

EVERYONE TENDS TO HANG OUT TILL ABOUT TEN THIRTY THEN OFF INTO THE MALIBU HILLS THEY GO, AFTER THE RUN MANY PEOPLE STOP BY ONE OF THE PARKS OR STATE BEACHES TO GET TOGETHER, DAVE WILL BE HANDING OUT MAPS AT HIS SHOP AND AT THE REEL INN.

THERE ARE USUALLY SEVERAL OTHER GROUPS RUNNING THE HILLS ON NEW YEARS DAY AND THE GROUP THAT LEAVES FROM DAVE'S IS A PRETTY MIXED BAG AND HAS BEEN GETTING LARGER EVERY YEAR, AND THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW PROBLEMS RELATING TO HORSEPOWER AND DRIVING ABILITY SO WHEN THE BIMMER'S,LAMBO',SHELBY'S AND THE MINI'S TAKE OFF I'M THINKING LETS DO OUR OWN RUN RATHER THEN BEING PART OF A PACK OF A HUNDRED CARS TRYING TURN UP LATIGO AT THE SAME TIME, JUST A SUGGESTION.

I'M SURE THERE WILL BE SOME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BEFORE THE FIRST
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

[QUOTE=swbsam]NEW YEARS EVE :

PLAN B :

IF YOUR NOT WILLING (OR ABLE) TO MEET US AT TRE MOTORSPORTS HEAD DOWN TO THE REEL INN THE TRE GROUP USUALLY ARRIVES SHORTLY BEFORE TEN

...SO WHEN THE BIMMER'S,LAMBO',SHELBY'S AND THE MINI'S TAKE OFF I'M THINKING LETS DO OUR OWN RUN RATHER THEN BEING PART OF A PACK OF A HUNDRED CARS TRYING TURN UP LATIGO AT THE SAME TIME, JUST A SUGGESTION. /QUOTE]

Sam, BASED ON LAST YEAR, I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY AGREE! LET'S DO AN RGRUPPE BLAST OFF/EARLY "S" BLAST OFF FROM THE REEL INN, AND AVOID ANY OF LAST YEARS MIS-HAPS, NEAR MISSES, AND CRAZED DRIVERS IN SOME OF THE 'LESSOR' MARQUEES....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Thumbs up New Years Day Run

Sam and Stacy,

I'm in with you guys on Plan B.

Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27

Plan B is my number 1 choice. See you there.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Sam, I will see you at TRE. I plan on a spirited but safe drive and will be more at home with like minded individuals. I am usually just one car length ahead of the guy that carries the big shovel and picks up after horses during parades.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

new information

yesterday I spoke with Dave Bouzaglou regarding the new years day run, he also had some concerns regarding some of the things that occurred on last years run so he's made a few changes this year :

still meeting at TRE Motorsports between 8AM to 9AM

TRE Motorsports, 11046 Chandler Blvd. No. Hollywood
    MAP : http://www.mapblast.com/(fd1mm0r5zmj...c+CA+91601|L1|

leaving TRE Motorsports at 9AM to arrive at Starbucks, Calabasas by 9:30AM

Starbucks, 26531 Agoura Rd.Calabasas
    MAP : http://www.mapblast.com/(fd1mm0r5zmj...c+CA+91302|L1|

leaving starbucks by 10AM to complete run through Santa Monica Mountains

at this time the finish point has not been 100% confirmed so we will post it later.

so for those of you that were planning on meeting up at the Reel inn it looks like that has changed, also I know some of you attend the run that meets in the Pepperdine University parking lot and drive over to the reel inn to see the guys before you go on that run so this will also be affected.

please let me know how this affects your plans ?
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Plan "B"

Oh NO! Plan "B" bites the dust???

Maybe should MEET at TRE or Auguro and THEN head on our own run or ????? I'm open to any suggestions...
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    I'm half way between the Starbucks and The Reel Inn (off of Old Topanga). I was planning to drive down the hill to see the huge annual display parked on PCH, but I'd rather drive with you guys. So The Reel Inn's out?

Stacy-- Which car are you planning to drive?
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Quote Originally Posted by SandyI

Stacy-- Which car are you planning to drive?
    Hi Sandy; I THINK that the RS is going to be in for some 'minor improvements' in the interior dept. SO, me thinks the Red 72S, however....the GT3 is lookin' VERY attractive too...and I might putt putt along in the the ole trustworthy 356....

AS for MEETING UP: I think the R(sub)GRUPPE should MEET AT THE STARBUCKS IN Calabassis, and from there...do as we will! Rog? Sam? Marco? Eades? Let's get this organized. The TRE run is always TOO CROWDED for my tastes...
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

New Years Day

Right now we have 10 cars for the morning run. Roger, Ray, Duane, Freeman, Will, Sam, Wayne Dempsey, Tom Woodford, Dave Klein, and yours truly. I think we will go with the flow, where ever that goes. All but Tom and Dave will be staying in West Lake on New Years Eve. I also have the table up to 16 for New Years Eve dinner, as Wayne will be joining us. As I said in an earlier post, we have our own run starting here. Sam, who is bringing the Event T-Shirts!!!! This could be the start of something BIG.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224