Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve / New Years Day Info. For So.cal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146
    Stacey, I seriously doubt the "ROLL AT 10AM SHARP" will come to pass. My dad says you'll probably be driving around in circles still looking for Starbucks at 10AM.

We'll see you there ... 9:30am.
    something tells me Dave Bouzaglou will be there by 9:30, now as for everyone trying to follow Dave that's another story.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146
    Stacey, I seriously doubt the "ROLL AT 10AM SHARP" will come to pass. My dad says you'll probably be driving around in circles still looking for Starbucks at 10AM.

We'll see you there ... 9:30am.
    Then I'll just wait for you to ROLL on by...AND FOLLOW!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Looking forward to the run. Please count me in at Starbucks 9:30 am.

Caine and I did the run from The Reel Inn last year, and somehow got mixed in to the Leno run. That was a very cool experience. Many cars you never see, along with Butzi's light blue 904.

See you all at the Bucks Sat morning.

Chris
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

yeah, he was running last year
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

This thread just took a turn for the worst ....
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

New Year's Day Route

Ok, I have just mulled over many maps and cannot come with anything nearby with promise to be 'less crowded and off the beaten path."

THAT said, as Tony G. will testify, I HAVE THE ABSOLUTE WORST SENSE OF DIRECTION ON EARTH, and can barely read, let alone follow a MAP. I spoke to Jack, who is out of the country, and is also not that familiar with any of the other route options....THEREFORE, I'm thinking....Jack's suggestion (above) is as good as any, I guess.... Suggestions?????
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

And "less crowded" is relative. I'm like you, I can get lost up there pretty easy. So, a few more folks on the road might actually show the way. Once those hot rods disappear around a few corners, they're gone.

Possible RGRUPPE Route

OK, I've looked over Jack's route (mapped, above) and I would agree with Jack that is probably our BEST BET for a seperate RGRUPPE drive IF we decide to go that route. I printed out the map, and would be happy to bring copies for the GRUPPE. I TRIED to print out directions WITH mileage, and could not. That said, this would be recommended route:

From Starbucks:
    Head E. on Mulholland Hwy. RIGHT on Stunt Rd.
    Stunt to Schueren Rd. RIGHT on Schueren Rd to PIUMA RD. RIGHT on PIUMA RD. Take PIUMA to Malibu Cyn/Las Virgenes Hwy. Take a RIGHT to Mulholland Hwy. LEFT on Mulholland. Stay on Mulholland to Decker Cyn, LEFT on Decker to PCH. Right on PCH to Yerba Cyn Rd. Yerba Cyn circles around South/South East, and hooks up with MULHOLLAND HWY, west of Decker. LEFT on Mulholland HWY to Las Virgenes . RIGHT on Las Virgenes to the Picnic Park.

CAN ANYBODY (Jack is out of town) Mapquest this with directions and/or mileage markers? IF not, I will be happy to print out the above (assuming they are correct), and bring copies and Jack's map from this thread....)

Anyway, see everybody Saturday...

I think this route will be a LOT of fun if we can pull off the organization...

Oh, and I won't/can't lead. I will get LOST following my own directions. If you don't believe me, ask Tony G.
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Possible Rgruppe Route

As I posted before, we have 6 cars staying at the West Lake Village Inn on Friday night, the 31st. I have a dinner reservation for 18 at 7:00pm on New Years Eve. I only have 16 confirmed, so we can add more. Currently, Ray, Sam, Roger, Will, Duane, Freeman, Wayne Dempsey, and me will be having dinner. Chuck Miller said he may show up also. On the morning of the 1st, Tom Woodford, and Dave Klein will meet us at the resort. Thus, we have 10 cars leaving for where ever the Rgruppe force may take us on New Years Day. If anyone else wants to join us for dinner on New Years Eve, give me a call, (970-390-8352), and I will add you to our list.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Just got off the phone Mike Mascaro... What'cha think of this ?

We do whatever ride we do starting at Starbucks, maybe finding the 'Classic Tour' at Paramount Ranch around lunch time...
    But... a picnic lunch just might be a REAL P.I.T.A. considering the weather we've been having... (lunch in the mud doesn't seem to appealing)... So, if they're there, we look at the great cars for awhile, then head over to the Reel Inn for a little later lunch... The Inn is open on New Years day from 11:00am to 9:00pm...

Long bench seating, come in from the drive when you want...order up and sit down.

This way we have a destination FOR lunch instead of NO destination after a sloppy picnic...

What'cha think ?
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter