Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Porsche Parade

FWIW: And not much at that!

I hope everyone has a room. I was informed today that whoever was responsible for making sure I had a room didn't follow through. Now, mind you, this in only 2 + months after the fact. I was booked into Hershey Lodge according to my registration. Apparently, "Mr. Forgetful" didn't call a lot of folks. The nice person at the Lodge informed me of this. Whoever he or she is from the committee had better steer clear of the way of my size 11.

This is not how we treat people down here in the genteel South.

I also learned that the PCA had essentially under-booked the Lodge and left rooms on the table. I thought the cheap bastards had a pretty sizeable budget according to the books that are published in the Pano.

Anyhow, I was kindly offered another room for an additional fee of roughly $60 a night or I could move about 15 minutes away for the same money (and mind you, it's not the money)

Pound sand says I! (to myself and not the bearer of the news)

I'm not the only one who has been punted either. A good friend of mine got the same and wrote the president of the PCA what I hear is a not very nice letter.

This is the same old club crap, just a different day and why I am generally disappointed in clubs. I'm guessing the muckety mucks got theirs and the rest of us get what's left. For this alone, I will never attend another club sponsored event although I hardly doubt they'll miss me.

I'll go to the farm and perhaps have my own concours albeit for John Deere, Massey Fergusson, Case IH and other associated implements of the land. A driving event will likely take place where I guarantee no outsider will win!
    I will relax and enjoy the tranquility that being in the middle of 400 plus acres gives you. I'll shoot a gun or two. I'll fish in my pond (nice turn out this year!) and smoke a cheap cigar (I like 'em cheap). At the end of the day I will watch the sun go down over the mountains and be happy that I'm not in Hershey and realize that I ain't missing a thing.

You can bet your sweet ass that if I have a party everyone will have a place to stay. My people know how to treat company.

PCA: K.M.A.

Sincerely,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Angry Bastids!

Jeeze Tom, I was looking forward to seeing you at Hershey. Dang!

At the first Rennsport in Lime Rock the PCA was buying up all the rooms they could at the last minute because they had failed to plan ahead. Many folks got punted from their hotels because the PCA goons were paying whatever it took to have the management of the various hotels and inns boot people out.

Heidi and I had been staying at this very nice little farmhouse where John Fitch has his offices during the work week. I think there are only four rooms at the place in total. The bastards tossed us out Saturday night even though we were booked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Heidi and I packed our stuff and went home and we got back there was a message from the caretaker who we had gotten to know well in that 5 years. She was so sorry and actually resigned because she knew they had screwed us. She was a pissed off as we were.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

They can all rot. If I sound pissed (not drunk, UK'ers and Aussies) it's because I am. The real indignity was to be asked to pull duty at the concours setup and having to tell the same story again to the chairperson.

That weeked will be spent in a place where your word matters and folks don't piss down you back and tell you it's raining.

I'm also sorry that I won't see you.

Best regards,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Tom,

You are very welcome to "spend a weeked in a place where your word matters and folks don't piss down you back and tell you it's raining" with our happily one-eyed, extraordinarily friendly, amazingly genuine TYP901 folks down under...it's just a plane ride and we sure know how to have fun without the bulls$$t!

Seriously, reading your posts is a bit freaky...very similiar experiences we share. Jeez to think the main stream clubs wonder why groups such as Early S, R Gruppe and TYP901 to name but a few exist...

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Thanks, Lisa. I appreciate the offer. Perhaps, one day. I'm not a big fan of flying. I will offer the same to my friends "down under" (or anywhere else for that matter) if they wander above the equator and into Eastern USA.

You know, the missus and I were discussing this very topic over the weekend regarding an upcoming event in our area.
    A lot of car clubs have arrogant, pompous elitists. I dodge most of this crap as best I can.

There is a story I like to tell about a dear friend of mine who I got back into circulation after a bad marriage.

I offered to take him to a lively club here in Richmond. He said "That place is full of *******s!” "I said, indeed, it does have more than a fair share but we don't have to talk to them now, do we?" We had a great time as we ran into a batchelorette party that went into the wee hours of the morning. Uh, that's all I remember for now... Ah, youth...

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111