Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Absurd question re Shell sticker to stump my fellow RS owners

Would the " later " sticker be correct for a 69?? What year did they start placing them on the cars?
    Ivs
    69 911E

Memories

Mike,
    That video of Stuck at Nurburgring reminds me of your first drive with the
    R Gruppe at Cambria.

Roger

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by rst73

Mike,
    That video of Stuck at Nurburgring reminds me of your first drive with the
    R Gruppe at Cambria.
    Roger
    True, Yeah quite the initiation into the Gruppe. Fun route, thanks. I think it went like this..but over 90 minutes at a spirited pace

[QUOTE=Gburner]What have you done with the Rob that chased me around the NASCAR 1 and 2 in his twin turbo beast.

Mike,

There is a nasty theory going around that I may actually be maturing or starting to act my age!!! I have temparily suspended my pursuit of all land speed records and went ahead and sold my turbo. I sensed the last few times out that my desire to go fast was on the verge of exceeding my skills. I sensed that my next "incident" at the track would probably be real expensive and probably hurt alot too, so I decided to mellow out before it occurred. Something about being crazy about my 3 girls and being responsible for a dozen employees probably impacted my decision as well.

My temporary hiatus is made quite a bit easier by all of the fun that I have playing around with these simple old mfi 911's. Definitely an obsessive & gratifying substitute for the track days. I do still have fond memories of those fun laps chasing each other around at Fontana!!!

See you soon.
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

My '72 S built in Feb. '72 has the Red/Yellow sticker.

Does anyone know if the Shell stickers are still available anywhere?

Thanks guys

elf

The yellow with red lettering decal is available right here on the Early S reg. boutique.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/WeltmeisterDecal.html
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Silly me. Thanks for pointing that out Brian.

Cheers

Chris

stickers...shmickers....

Nice try Rob !!! I love my wife & Kids too...and that's exactly why I do go to the track !!!!

Driving any 911 the way they were ment to be driven on public streets here in So. Ca. is so dangerous, due to sheer #'s of cars and the low I.Q. of a good portion of the drivers, one can safely argue that it is much safer driving one's 911 in a "spirited" manner out on the track....heck, at least there one has full safety equipment.

To be honest, the more track experience I get, the more nervous I am on any street "fun runs"....and it's been that way for a couple years now.

So sorry Rob, you are not excused from on-track duty - you know you're safer out there where we all have had driver training and know the rules.....

.....or maybe it really is safer screaming down the road and having to worry if the mom in her minivan with cell phone to her ear is paying any attention to you as she, without warning, changes lanes in front of you.

I drive safely and defensively on the street, just like you, But I take my testosterone to the track and develop my limits based on my desire to come home to my family that night....you can too!!

You're a great driver, don't shut out your track life!!!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Greetings Riz,

I was waiting for somebody to call me out on my chickenshi* logic! Figured it would only be a matter of time before you or Gagen took me out to the woodshed!

Rest assured, my track hiatus is only temporary. In fact, it won't take much persuasion at all to coax me out of retirement. Perhaps even this weekend....

See you soon. Best regards to you & Gloria!

Wolf
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!