Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA Zone 8 Speed Festival

If nothing else, some 911s are apparently planning to invade a 356 Club deal and either lead them or chase them over the Ortega on Sat. The bad part is not getting to the Speedway until 11AM which usually means noon. If one were planning on checking on the swapmeet or if there is a lunchtime lead/follow session to line up for, I see this as simply too late in the day.

This should take you to the 3rd page and latest info. I'm open to anything, but I'd like to get there a little earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    If nothing else, some 911s are apparently planning to invade a 356 Club deal ...
    i'm always game to "invade" 356 gatherings (you just don't see them around enough anymore), but that's a bit South for me (from WeHo), and to then go the same distance, or more, east to Fontana.

I'm trying to get my friend and his SC Targa to go with, so if something else gets "legs", I'm in. Maybe a breakfast meet Saturday morning? Glancing at a map, somewhere around Chino/Chino Hills looks on-the-way for everyone comeing from West and South.
    "The 908 Kind"

93 VW Corrado - VR6
    (my Porsche in training)

I have a blog!!

rennlist gallery

More than Original
    The 356/912 St. Patty's run is fun but last year when it rained 10 cars showed up (50+ cars last year when it was sunny) and they were not all 356's. The Speed Fest is the better event IMO, especially if there is a chance of rain.
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

Gburner
    I posted some event photos here.
    I know John Risvold has a few choice action shots of his Atomic Rooster, maybe he'll post a couple too? Break through weekend for John, really has his car and himself dialed in and ripping fast lap times.
    This is R Gruppe member Chris O'donnel with his Alex Job 993 cup car, his 3rd time out ran 1:49 good for 2nd overall in the TT. Great drive Chris!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thx for the kind words MG. Had a great 3 days of high speed track time...inspite of the rain.

My noon Sat. session was a complete wash out during a total down pour and later that day after watching the sprint race take place immediately after another track drenching, I decided to skip my next session, which followed that race....just too wet out there...and since it was just a practice session anyeay I was using the "a little to gain and a lot to lose..." rule of thumb....

RGruppe ladies Gloria & Sheila were trackside for both Sat & Sun providing smiles and tons of support to all da boyz in our camp. They both had the bad girl side of them shine thru when on the noon hour track tour they privateered off on their own and decided to do the full NASCAR oval for 3 laps...Gloria in her '72T and Sheila in her '99 M3....

Needless to say they were being hunted down after a couple of laps..!!!

Anyway...'rooster seems to be getting very dialed in...and it appears that the driver is finally beginning to drive the car somewhat near it's potential....still more improvement to come.

Here's a couple of pic's to keep everyone motivated.....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Great pictures John. It was sure nice to put some faces to some names there this weekend. Sunday turned out to be a great day after teh downpour on Sat. I am now back in sunny Spokane and looking forward to getting my 68 on the track this weekend...
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

Hey...great to meet you Micheal, like you said, it's always great to have the opportunity to put faces to the names here on the Registry forum.

I told my wife, Gloria about the other gold '72 911 you told me about and that you snapped a few pic's of hers....she wanted to know more and I couldn't fill in the gaps....

Anyway, keep the shiney side up out on the track !!!

cheers!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335