Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really Nice 1973 911S

Michael...where did that 40-50K figure come from? Don't you read Bruce Anderson's valuations???
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Definately not entirely original. It does appear, however, to be a very nice looking driver. I have a question for the kings of knowledge here....does chopping off the snorkel from the air box (as seen in those pics) make any noticeable difference or does it just increase the sound factor? I see a lot of cars chop off the snorkel and some try to sell faux carbon fiber ones that length.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

PWD72,

Hasn't Bruce come up to the real market these days.

They are asking for 52K for the car.

Michael

The Cert. of Authenticity on the EC site shows an option called "Gold Safety Painting". I have never seen that before, does anyone know what that is?

I agree, that black undercoating looks terrible. Did EC do the 'restoration'?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by Msnowdon
    PWD72,

Hasn't Bruce come up to the real market these days.

They are asking for 52K for the car.

Michael
    If memory serves he's still under 20 for an "excellent" 2.4 S...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Looks like a nice car - almost the twin of mine! I agree with the undercoating paint-over suspicions - a few other observations:

A very early 73 Model. Delivery date 8/72 but compact spare date stamp is 7/73. Also - not a Kardexed option, so big tank isn't original either.

Beautiful sport seats - unfortunately not listed on Kardex.
    Nice H1s - but not original on a US car.
    Deep 6's not correct for 73 - and they look polished (yuk).
    Definitely dealer installed air - but those are the type of outlets that come with factory air.
    Silver decklid letters could have been an option, but likely modified during restoration.
    Looks like a later hood badge (deduct $600.00 ).

I don't like to see little screw ups like the passenger door to window seal cut so short - makes me wonder what else was done half-ass (like an underbody paint freshening). For $50k this car should have a flawless resto with no questions, stories or missing original components.

Brian, I'm wondering about gold safety paint too???
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

I passed on this car @ $27K in November when it was back in NC. Now the car gets some cheesy undercoating slapped on it, and WHAMMO, it's a $52K gem! BTW, this car has been a hot potato. The PO is a doctor who bought the car less than 6 months earlier from Sporthaus in Reno, NV. Sporthaus supposedly sourced the car out of So. Cal. They didn't have nice things to say about the car when I called them.

When I'm done laughing I will stop to look at the bright side of all this madness: if this is a $50K S, then my '70S is worth $70K and I don't even know what my RS is worth.

Market feels awfully toppy in here guys. Too many cars changing hands too quickly, often among people who don't really understand the early S market. Not a dig at European Collectibles, but rather just a broad observation on the current market for early 911's.

Buyers, proceed with caution & good luck!

Rob
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

One more negative. The entire sunroof aluminum buffer clip which is suppossed to pop up automatically when the sunroof is opened to reduce wind noise is missing. Try sourcing that at Pelican!

912->911 conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by pwd72s
    If memory serves he's still under 20 for an "excellent" 2.4 S...
    and if anyone has an excellent 2.4S they'd like to sell for under $20K, drop me a line Maybe Bruce has one?

nice 73 S

wolfturbo
    Registered User Join Date: Nov 2002

I passed on this car @ $27K in November when it was back in NC. Now the car gets some cheesy undercoating slapped on it, and WHAMMO, it's a $52K gem! BTW, this car has been a hot potato.

Bingo! Thanks wolfturbo, I was waiting for some else to say this.