Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Midwest Early Register Get-Togethers

Curt:

We've got one of those as well. Fit perfectly on our mini-van. Totally useless now. Carried 5 bikes simuuultaneously. Damn thing cost us a fortune at the time. I think that it was $300 plus another $125 for each bike? Scarey. But not as scarey as lifting my 10 year old daughter onto the top of the mini-van.

That's OK honey, just unhook the bike and carry it over to the edge of the van, and lean over and hand it down to me. That's a good girl . . . . No, don't lean over too far, OK?????
    (SHEEEEEZ)

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Guys - I won't be leaving until Friday AM. Still waiting on car - should be done late tonight. Plus, my daughter's high school soccer team advanced unexpectedly in the State playoffs last night. Next game is Thurs night and I can't miss that! See ya Friday.

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Guess I'm flyin' solo all the way to Dayton

Dave, any cofeeshops with WiFi nearby? Quality Inn only has dialup, sheesh! -might as well be staying in a cave.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Jared:

I called them today to ask the same question. The dude I talked to said that they are getting high speed any day now. They started the installation in March, and the wiring is all done, and the guy is supposed to show up last week, Tuesday, Today, . . . . . . . Next week, next month, next year.

So, I'm bringing the computer just in case. But here's an option. I know that the Panera Stores have WiFi in Chicago. I don't know if it is a national thing or not. But that's my fallback position.

OK, supposedly these are the two Panera locations closest to the hotel that have WiFi.

4.26 miles away
    Town & Country Center
    4110 Far Hills Avenue
    Kettering, OH 45429

7.61 miles away
    Brown Street
    1203 Brown Street
    Dayton, OH 45409

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

The Gray Wolf lives! Just got back from my standard 25 mile test loop. No problems. Good to go for Dayton.

<i>"might as well be staying in a cave"</i>

Come on Jared, this is sort of a retro weekend! Dial-up will bring back memories of those good ole days ...... well, no, I guess it won't.

Curt:

CONGRATS. Brian and I are rendevousing at 11:00. Should be in Dayton between 4 and 5. See you guys Thursday night.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC