Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Early Register Get-Togethers

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer
    You just have to promise that you will not drive it! I have heard all of your rental car stories..........
    Dave
    Dave, I'm shocked at your comment!! I resemble (er, uh,) resent that remark!!!

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Yes, I do have an early S...1970.
    It is currently still in the bay area getting a paint job plus some other cosmetic work...driveline is preety strong.
    i would like to do something this summer although dont think i will do Atlanta.

Dwight,

Do you think you will make it to Dayton for the Taj event? If so let me know and maybe we can drive down together. I'm heading down on Thursday to check out Vic Elford at the Taj Garage. Can you make it out of town then?

I think you may have confused Road America for Road Atlanta. In Sept. there is a Vintage Race event in Elkhart Lake, Wiconsin at the Road America track. I have never been there so I hope there is interest in some of you guys in going up there. If not then I will probably think about going out to CA for the German Auto Fest instead.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Registration is Open

OK, guys, it snowed last night (DAAAYYYYMMMNN ) so Kermit sleeps for another week, but registration is open for the Taj Weekend.

Taj Registration

I've put my name in the bucket - I am the 7th person to register, but there are only 80 slots for the Sunday Drive in the Park. So, how many of you are coming? For me, it's gonna be close, because my daughter is scheduled to have her baby mid June, so I may have to defer at the last minute. But, my name is on the roster now!!!

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Yeah this snow does suck doesn't it Larry.

Well, I'm right behind you, #8. Did you sign up for the evening with Vic on Thurs.? Hope so, I'm looking for some company on the drive down. I'll even stop a few antique malls with you and Judy.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Hope you guys signed up for the "spirited" drive and not the casual cruise

Its been sunny and warm here in Dayton. Shoul hit 50 today and tomorrow!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Hi Dave,

The registration form just lists "DrivingTour" no choice of casual or spirited. Sounds like 'Five Grand Fred' has a great route mapped out. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Looks like I need to get the suspension dialed in on the Targa sooner rather than later.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

By the time Taj comes around, Kermit's suspension should be sorted out. So, he'll be ready for the spirited run. I'll tag along for the ride. I may not know how to do a 4 wheel drift through a corner, but I do know how to turn that Prototipo

Brian: Excuse my ignorance, but I didn't sign up for it because I don't even know who Vic is!!! You gotta clue me in, and maybe I'll pony up for the additional event and drive down on Thursday. Do you expect that you will use Thursday to drive? I don't mind taking two days off, but if I gotta leave on Wednesday, it's prolly not happenin.

Still got a few weeks to discuss and ponder.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Ahhh, Larry. That is barely forgivable!
    Here is a link that should explain it all. Vic is a survivor, one of the true "nice guys" and often placed at or near the top of the greatest all around drivers ever.
    http://www.vicelford.com/now.html
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Road America

Brian (and all our midwestern friends) I'm looking to join you at RA this year. If all goes according to plan, I will be running in the event. If not, Carla and I will just come out and hang.

Jol