Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of our favorites is FS

One of our favorites is FS

Posting on the general board because this car has been the subject of so many discussions here.

Displayed in the paddock at Infenion this past weekend with a for sale sign in it. 67S restored to R specs by Emory's in 1996. Said to have more 'real' R parts in it than most real R's.

The challenge is what to do with it? Built as a race car, not really streetable. With the fiberglass body panels and twin plug motor it is no longer accepted in the 911 mid bore classes by the 'purist' vintage racing organizations (the R was never homlogated). So it can only be raced occasionally as a prototype.

Owner is asking $85k. No affiliation, just thought you'd want to know. Tempting, but...

60 356 Roadster Race Car - ex Dick Barbour
    60 356 Roadster Race Car - Emory Outlaw
    63 Porsche Powered Special Race Car
    67 911S Stock
    67 911S Race Car - ARRC '69 & '71, Daytona 24 '75
    Esses Motorsports

That's fierce.
    1971 911E Targa

All of you 911E owners, come join us at The 911E Registry at 911E.org

Why is it not streetable?

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    Why is it not streetable?
    Mainly the motor - needs 110 octane to run right and the cams make it almost impossible to drive at lower RPM's.

60 356 Roadster Race Car - ex Dick Barbour
    60 356 Roadster Race Car - Emory Outlaw
    63 Porsche Powered Special Race Car
    67 911S Stock
    67 911S Race Car - ARRC '69 & '71, Daytona 24 '75
    Esses Motorsports

one of the best early 911s around!
    http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...ighlight=emory
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

That is a killer R-type, but there is also a very familiar car for sale down south here that makes me drool almost as badly. Some of you may know Brian's 555 car from VARA and HSR races:
    http://www.bankersexpress.com/Brian.html

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

More than Original
    I am very tempted as well, that's my favorite early 911. The color combo is stunning. $85K seems like a fair price for a car with R parts and that so many lust after.
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

In person, the attention to detail of the Emory car will stop you for an hour... THEN you come back for another look.

Every one of Gary's cars I've seen has not only been masterfully enginered, but ALWAYS asthecticly right on the money...

Usally this car has so many people around it it's hard to get any distance to get a full view... If you do, it takes your breath away...

Who ever gets this one will own a real work of mechanical art.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

What are the door mirrors on Emory's (beautiful ) car???

My stock mirror does not give me the correct angle. HAs anyone modified one to get more angle ?

TIA, Juan

Anyone know why Brian is selling his car? Perhaps he is getting bored and is moving into a cup car or?