Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi parking lot

Audi parking lot

So why the lock on the thread? Someone decided there are no more comments to add?

Sherwood

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 911pcars
    So why the lock on the thread? Someone decided there are no more comments to add?

Sherwood
    Probably because the only people posting on page two had signed onto the forum for the EXPRESSED intention of taking pot-shots at each other.

When I read threads like that, it disapoints me to an extreme level, how something so irelevant and ego-driven can spoil a good time. That comment is for BOTH sides of the coin, BTW.
    "The 908 Kind"

93 VW Corrado - VR6
    (my Porsche in training)

I have a blog!!

rennlist gallery

I was just embarrassed at how bad that whole thing made US look. I don't mean R Gruppe "us" I mean Porsche owners "us". Well, I guess we have to keep up our reputations like the old "what's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine?" joke.

I used to own an Audi A4 and was quite in to the Audi scene. Those guys were really cool and were very enthusiastic about their cars too. I'd much rather be associated with them and their German cars than R Gruppes identifying with muscle car hot rodders.

Oh well, I guess no one ever said we needed to be ambassadors of good will towards other marques enthusiasts, right? Plus, let's spend our entire lives reminiscing about Porsche's 30-40 year old "glory days" while Audi goes out and dominates LeMans for the last what, 4 or 5 years while Porsche builds a freaking SUV? What have you done for us lately Porsche?

How could the Audi owner possibly know that that particular parking lot was the holy land and was the annual Porsche "event" most looked forward to by quite a small number of early 911 owners?

Whew! I had to click on the closed thread to be sure I wasn't one of the badasses. Me? I can see both sides. Hey...at least it was an Audi instead of the car that decided to park "too close for comfort" next to me @ Cambria '01. I left a nasty note on his windshield: "Do they pay you to drive this?" The car? Pontiac Aztec!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Is it just me? Or does anyone else find it interesting that an innocent bystander(the Audi Station Wagon guy) who knows nothing about any Porsche event somehow found, and replied to, a thread on the obscure Early S board regarding his car???? Small world, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    Is it just me? Or does anyone else find it interesting that an innocent bystander(the Audi Station Wagon guy) who knows nothing about any Porsche event somehow found, and replied to, a thread on the obscure Early S board regarding his car???? Small world, I suppose.
    Well, dealerships used to be called Porsche/Audi
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

While I can understand not blaming the entire gruppe for the actions of one, I can't understand the elitist attitude. As was said previously, get a grip, an unsuspecting Audi owner gets lambasted because he was in the way of a photo? . Doesn't shine a very good light on the gruppe at all. I remember the very first RG meet, it was truly no ego, come one come all, no badges or secret passwords needed. It is truly unfortunate that this is not the case any more. This is just an observation and only my opinion.

closed thread...

how does one find it?
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    how does one find it?
    Here ya go Stacy, but believe me..it's much ado about nothing..

http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...8&page=1&pp=15

Hey...no hard feeling guys...

I am one of the Audi owners that posted on that thread. To be honest..a Porsche owner advised the Black S4 Avant owner of the post over here. That is how he found out. Yes, small world.

Maybe I'll see you guys at the track some time. I am an instructor for lots of groups..including tracquest (which usually mostly porsche owners), Audi Club, NASA, BMWCCA, SCCA, Miata Club, and Subaru Club.

Take care...

Steve Sherwood
    NorCal Audi Club
    http://www.norcalaudiclub.org