Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Houndstooth seats

Ready for the Hunaudičres manu72S's Avatar

Houndstooth seats

Hello

Which types and colors houndstooth seats were available ? My seats are covered with a blue white pattern.

regards
    Manu

pictures please!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Obviously these's aren't Manu's but they did come out of my 73S. Can anyone confirm that the fabric appears original?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bruce Herrmann
    '73 911S

Hi,

some pictures of my seats.

Manu

Bruce,

I have a zipped file of auto, motor und sport’s test of the 1972 S from November 1971. It’s a bit hard to tell from the pictures but the test car seems to have the same seat fabric as yours, except in tan (“cinnamon”?). I’ve tried to upload pics but the file is too big. I’d be happy to send it to you by e-mail, though, if you provide me with an address.

Bruce,

Sent you a pm

Thanks
    Manu

Manu, no PM yet but you and elfer can just use my email if you like, it's
    gibson@redshift.com
    Thanks
    Bruce Herrmann
    '73 911S

Are they original ? Need seats experts

Hello,

Could you tell me if my seats are original ? Somebody tell me thay are not. In my Kardex it is just mention "blue leatherrette"

Thanks a lot.
    Manu

Are they originals ? Need seats experts

Hello,

Could you tell me if my seats are original ? Somebody tell me thay are not. In my Kardex it is just mention "blue leatherrette"

Thanks a lot.
    Manu

are they factory ? I'm sorry but I can't tell anything from these pictures they are not sharp enough or large enough.

is it possible? well... as we know a lot of things were possible even today porsche will do what the customer wants for a price, and the fact the kardex mentions "blue leatherrette means at least it started out blue.

what do you know about the history of the car, has it been painted before, how many previous owners ( and can you contact any of them)

how much of the rest of the car is original ? if someone in the past has spent the money to fix up the car then their is a pretty good chance that they redid the interior.

I've always found a good way to tell is by removing things and looking to see how they were originally crafted ( looking under the seats or behind the door panels) of course the only problem then is you have to know what your looking for, most independent trimmers don't do things quite like the factory did them so it's usually easy to tell when something has been recovered, glue instead of staples or even the wrong type of staples, the kind of screws, most trimmers are going to use brand new everything so as soon as you turn most seats over it's not hard to tell 35 to 40 year old work from 10 or 15 year old work to the trained eye.
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )