Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Show of hands for attneding the Dana Point car show on Sunday, July 10th

Show of hands for attending the Dana Point car show on Sunday, July 10th

Greetings Guys,

I have been talking with Peter McNulty who organizes the Dana Point 356 show for the Porsche 356 Club. In some of the prior shows the RGRuppe and S Registry have been well represented, some years not so well represented.

Peter would love to have us come back in full force this year and I volunteered to coordinate our efforts. It costs $20 to display each car on the lawn overlooking Dana Point Harbor. Trust me when I say that this is a beautiful setting for a car show!!!

Peter will give us a separate designated spot for displaying our cars, as well as preferred access to the venue. We will enter directly as a group at around 7:30 am and not have to wait in any lines.

The game plan is for us to meet nearby for a quick breakfast before the show and then proceed to the show as a group. When the show breaks up at around noon, I will host a BBQ at my house 3 miles away for anybody who would like to attend. Cold beer, nice grub, safe parking in a gated community, etc.

So who would be interested? I need to get a tentative show of hands for event planning purposes.

Also note that our vehicles are not going to be judged. This event is merely a good excuse for us to get together and hang with our toys. For those who are fond of 356's, there will be an unbelievable collection on display.

Email me or PM me if you're interested.

Wolf
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

add 2

Rob,

I'll be there. I'll bring the Targa and the Twin Plug.
    The DP show is REALLY nice. Your last open house was vey generous. I would not miss it!!!

P.S. You should bring your latest RS to the HB Concours for display?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Do they let ragamuffins in? More importantly, do you let ragamuffin rat rods park next to you guys? I guess they did in Monterey, but that weren't no lawn overlooking the Pacific.

If so, I'll come on down.

(I don't know why it doesn't show the pic, the HTML tags look OK)

More than Original
    I am in! You can't beat the location and view from this show.

http://www.porsche356club.org/Applic...aPoint2005.pdf

Pic from last year:
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

Quote Originally Posted by kurtzimmerman
    bring the ragamuffin.
    It's afraid of the Red Rooster and the Red Rocket. (whimper)

OK!

Dana Point

I will bring the 72S Light yellow targa, and the RSR wantabee. Count Cheri and me in. The location for the event is to die for, and Rob does throw a great BBQ
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I am planning to fly out for this one. What does it cost to bring a picture of your car and display it?

Maybe a certain person who happens to own two Carrera RS cars now will let me drive the 'old' one over to the show. Heck I would even kick in the $20!
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Me

I'm in. I might bring this, and drive in with the RGRUPPE, just to wind up the 356 crowd. Here I am, 3 years ago, on the lawn:
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Then Again...

I might bring this. OR...Brian? Maybe we'll actually meet this time, and you can drive one of my cars....:
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Thumbs up Im In !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    It's afraid of the Red Rooster and the Red Rocket. (whimper)OK!

Awww....'rooster's not so bad!! I'll make sure rooster has it's best street attire on!!! ... and Kurt's red rocket has a nice disposition too....as long as one doesn't press too hard on the go-pedel !!!!

Last time I went to DP we all went over to Rob's "shack" afterwards....had to gather wood to build a fire and use wire coat hangers to bbq our 'dog's...

..ummm....actually, to be "on the list" to enjoy the awesome hospitality of Rob & his Lovely wife in their beautiful home is one of the best experiences of this life.....

The Mrs & I will have both our 911's there.....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335