Thread: I need help locating an older German Porsche enthusiast named Eckhard Berg

I need help locating an older German Porsche enthusiast named Eckhard Berg

Greetings to All,

I have reason to believe that a fellow named Eckhard Berg was the first owner of my RS #197. He is an engineer by profession and lived in or around Dusseldorf. He is probably around 70 years old by now. Believed to have owned my car for as long as 17 years.

Is there anybody who knows Eckhard and can tell me how to reach him? Alternatively, does anybody know of any German Porsche websites where I could have one of my German friends post that I am looking for him?

Any and all help is most appreciated. Thanks!

Wolf
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Rob - if you haven't already done so it might be worthwhile contacting Georg Konradsheim - he may have an actual contact address on file for the original owner (at least could be a starting point for your investigation).
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Hey Rob, Google came up with a couple of hits...in German of course.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Andy,

We already contacted George and he had no info. Josh at Autofarm gave me Eckhard's name and David Gilhooley from the UK Registry has been helpful as well.

The fun is just beginning. I will scour the face of the earth for these previous owners. Just a matter of time before I am able to connect all of the dots!

Thanks to all for the help!

Wolf
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

George K

Robb, George K (posts here ALL the time) contacted the original owner of my RS in Germany. The guy was a TOTAL pr***, but we did establish contact...George? Are you reading?
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

If you have any address info, then http://www.dastelefonbuch.de should help. It's the Deutsche Telekom's white pages, which is also in English.

There are 84 listings for Eckhard.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

address

Hi Rob,

I have tried the German phone directory, no Eckhard Berg in Düsseldorf. Could be around that area. I think you have better luck when one of our German fellows start digging, Thorsten?

Cees