Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with THIS???

Darn..we put the engine in the wrong place!
    avoid it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    Strip everything S (the engine, tranny, suspension, brakes, wheels, etc)off of it and transplant it onto a nice clean original 912 body and pick your favorite color.

Only problem is that the engine and tranny are long gone.

All things considered - the car is history.

note: seller is the same ebay user as 'sellmeyourearly911' .

That's a very strage dent in the front fender. From what I can see, it looks like fiberglass.

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Make a great coffee table (after it's been to the crushers ) Be sure to cut the chassis number out first though and mount it as a drink coaster .

Lisa
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

how much...

for only the VIN plates?

Currently, they are quite valuable!

Yeah, me again. Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Exclamation

Guys and gals, I'm with Eric. I know for a fact that a simple roll-over can be pulled straight and put right back to dead-nuts perfect. A Celette platform with the 911 frame jigs will bring it home. A roof clip looks to be necessary. Zeke, fenders are easily replaced.

The issue on a severely stuffed, heavy impact wreck (this car is not that bad), is how to deal with the crumpled parts of the unibody chassis. A lot of cut and replace pieces from a donor car can get expensive.

This car, on the other hand, is VERY save-able and deserves a new home. (By the way, I don't know the seller.) If the clear title checks out and the seller checks out and I had the time and space for it, I'd be a bidder.

Think about it; a Silver 1973 911S (that's the original color he says in the listing). As long as you don't take it to one of those Hollywood boutique restoration shops this car is very do-able.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Does it still have the stock, matching numbers motor?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Didn't make reserve. In the description it said no motor or box. But did have a 73 gearbox and a 7R T motor available at extra cost, and will be posting other cars.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

At the above site...

1971 911 S Targa rust bucket

Could someone get the VIN # so it could be documented in the Registry roster?

This one, too?

And this?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100