Thread: Need your advice. Will this dizzy work???

Need your advice. Will this dizzy work???

Hi All,

I just finished rebuilding my 2.2l Tengine. Only thing left is replacing the old Marelli distributor with a Bosch one in order to be able to replace the cap & rotor. My Marelli is still ok, but as you all know Rotor's & Caps are hard to find and/or extremely expensive.

According to different sources, for my 1971 911T I would need a 231-159-008 bosch dizzy. These are hard to find. I am able to get these parts:

231-159-006 (For an E)
    231-159-007 (For an S)

Would these parts work on my engine? I guess the gear on all of these dizzy's are the same, since they are coming from the same engine type. Does it matter that the E & S use MFI instead of carbs? Probably there's a difference in curve.

Thanks for educating me!!!

Hessel

911 E distributor great

Hello: I would use the E distributor on your T they work great with a great advance curve and very driveable. I have out these on 914-6's and 911T's as well and they are great. Good luck with your project. Thanks Eric

in the market for a 997
    Reviving and old thread here as I have a similar issue.

I'm replacing a Marelli on a '71T.

I've got my hands on a Bosch 007(S) distributor.

Wondering about compatability given the different advance curve.

Found this advance graph for E & S. Anyone know how this compares to the T (008) distributor?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Similar Threads

1. WTB: 2.2 E cams and dizzy
    By xpensivewino in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
  2. need a guy to rebuild my dizzy
    By Boulder Bob in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
  3. Re-Curve Dizzy