Thread: Factory Aluminum Decklid for Sale

Thumbs up Factory Aluminum Decklid for Sale

Here is a factory AL decklid that I am selling. $1800

The decklid is in very nice condition and in primer. It had some holes put in it (for race pins) as it was on a period race car in the day. The holes have been welded closed by a professional. What is left now is just the factory holes for the letters/911S. If you would like any additional photos, don't hesitate to ask. Here are a few picts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ivs
    69 911E

I'd like to see more pictures of the areas that were fixed, were they filled with filler or
    rolled flat?
    I'd be very interested once I see more.
    Thanks,
    Jule

As far as I know, the holes were filled with AL. I will shoot some picts of the repaired areas and get them up as soon as I can. Thanks.
    Ivs
    69 911E

Here are some more photos.
    Ivs
    69 911E

some more.
    Ivs
    69 911E

here is one more.....
    Ivs
    69 911E

bump bump bump
    Ivs
    69 911E

This is still for sale. Great price for a factory Aluminum lid !!!
    Ivs
    69 911E

Alu Lid

This is only the second lid that I've ever seen that has two numbers stamped into the center support. (The first one's on 1059.) I wonder if this means that the panel was originally fitted to a particular car versus sold over-the-counter or as a spare or service item.

I'll re-post this in the Technical Info section but I'm curious what number of cars with alu lids have numbers stamped on them.

Rick Kreiskott

We Can Be Heroes

Rick, I am not sure. I am willing to bet that it came on a car w/ the last #'s 59. I do not know why they would have stamped some lids and omitted the # on others.

On another note, the lid is SOLD pending payment. Thanks !
    Ivs
    69 911E