Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake 2.7RS in Germany

I see that "tgoodtbtr" is the high bidder. Haaaa.... That is really pretty funny. Good job to protect the innocent bidder on this pig.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Check THIS OUT

Here is Pic #16, posted by the seller on the auction. Even tho we only get half a picture, upon close inspection, NOTE THAT this letter is FROM MERCEDES NOT PORSCHE ?!?!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

New Math!

Quote Originally Posted by TRE Cup
    Wow- 4000 cars! never would thought

can't wait to hear what other stories will be coming forth
    Wow, does that mean there are now 5590 RS's available?!?!??!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Wow!!! I didn't think to even look close at the "documentation". This auction has just leaped from the 'fake' category to the 'blatant fraud' category!

Tires: 7.25x13 tires
    Paint #: 268 Dark Green
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    Wow!!! I didn't think to even look close at the "documentation". This auction has just leaped from the 'fake' category to the 'blatant fraud' category!

Tires: 7.25x13 tires
    Paint #: 268 Dark Green
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

Unbelievable.
    Sales designation 300SE!!!! Did Porsche make a 300se???? Fascinating!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Fake o RS........

This person also has a 911/83 engine on eBay. He represents it very carefully stating a post 1973 MY production date but dancing around the fact that it is NOT a 73RS engine and is a correct numbered1974 Euro Carrera engine.

Hard to find humor in this. I considered calling him and going up to inspect it but I had such a terrible time a while back when I inspected a "REAL 73 RS" that was fs in Santa Rosa I have no desire to repeat the process. Sure wonder tho.

That "real 73 RS" was "#1288". I had noticed it fs in 1986 in Alameda as a slope nose 930 conversion but an original RS chassis. A good friend came with me. The genuine #1288 was an original Hong Kong delivery car. Of course, the first thing to check was the quality of the structure and what type of job they had done converting it to LHD [remember original HK delivery specification would make it RHD]. As we started looking it became obvious that the chassis was a 74-later and NOT a modified 73 chassis. It also was obvious that it had never been RHD. The car also had been ROLLED and if you inspected the top of the car it was uneven and had lots of filler on the right rear top area. It also had "strictly surface rust" behind the rear window. I ended up pushing a very thin screwdriver THROUGH the "surface rust" as the surface had the consistency of a piece of toast!

I informed the owner of the issues with his car. Ironically, I ended up close to a deal on it as the massaged 930 engine and tranx were quite healthy and it had a few nice drivetrain and interior bits. It was so horrible dealing with this guy - he was totally insisting that it was the real thing that I finally told him I would buy it as long as we could verify the production number with Porsche. I had concrens it might be a stolen chassis. It certainly was NOT #1288 and had never been a pre-74 chassis. He insisted that the Feds knew more than I did and they had "approved" it and refused my request. Surprise. [Had the deal happened I could have tossed that piece of junk chassis after stripping what was good and been ahead. I am actually glad it didn't happen but I hate to think of what happens with these cars. The particular seller was simply obnoxious. I doubt he realized it was a fake when he bought it. I suspect the knew better when he was selling it. He had to know it was not only a run down torn up rustbuck but also a FAKE after my friend and I left. I don't even wanna know what happened to it but I suppose it will turn up someday and hopefully, it will have become a "good" fake. Oh, the car would originally have been a black RHD to start off so it will not be that easy to replicate.

I would love to know what becomes of these two cars and if anyone determines which one is the real one.

John Rice
    [If you cannot sign your name you shouldn't be pontificating]

I'll sleep just fine.

My $hit is tight. My "not so rare" car is documented all the way back to 1968 and it ain't no fake!

Tom

This is predicable but I sent the seller this email. I had asked him in a previous email for a photo of the production on the lower dash and he, of course, said no.

<<Hello,

Well I was certain you wouldn't be forth coming with this #. I know the production # of 9113600406 because I have contacted the only person who has this information and it is not the Porsche factory (they do not have this information any longer). The car you are selling is NOT the original RS #406 and I can prove it. I suggest you remove the auction immediately.>>

And this is his lame response.

"you might have one of the 2000 Japanese fakes, which were build and sold to the US in the earlt 90ies. Sorry the car I have is PORSCHE GERMANY CERTIFIED They inspected it and found it to be the real car."

First off the Factory, to the best of my knowledge, does not have the production #s of the original RS cars so they couldn't have checked that # and second many of us here know the Factory has a mis-represented Race car in their museum and the Factory 'restoration' shop is not the place to take a car to be restored back to original configuration. They don't really know as much about the accuracy of original cars as many of us. That is no stamp of approval in my mind.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by fryardds
    "you might have one of the 2000 Japanese fakes, (
    Brian, well, he's definitely making progress - when I emailed him, there were 4000 fakes, now we're down to 2000!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    Brian, well, he's definitely making progress - when I emailed him, there were 4000 fakes, now we're down to 2000!
    And, when you think about it, that's good news for all the owners of "Japanese fakes" because their cars just became that much more rare!
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute