Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fake 2.7RS in Germany

Carrera 73 RS# 406

Quote Originally Posted by TRE Cup
    A dealer in Germany is selling a 73 RS 2.7 purported to be chassis # 9113600406. Light yellow- green stripes, the pics look nice. The car was just inspected by one of our friends; the vin number is definitely bogus. Add to that the fact the real 406 sold on e bay in february 05 for 89k and change. That car was verified as the real #406.
    Caveat emptor!
    Finally I have the chance to reply to all your bogus notes you post everywhere. #1 You never inspected the car. #2 Please forward the name of the person who allegedly inspected the car in Germany, because I kept the name of everyone who saw it. Most likely you will not.
    But for the facts.
    Of course everyone knows that this in NOT the real VIN TAg. Why would someone use a 1978 VIN TAG to put on it. You can only answer it if you know the history of the car. This car was always within 100 miles of Bonn/Germany. The original German KFZ Brief still exists. It was verified by Porsche in Germany appr. 1 year ago. Number matching, vehicle with sunroof, which was one of the options on this vehicle. It was originally a touring, was involved in racing accidents, rebuild to lightweight specs. Undercoating in trunk and engine compartment was done when car was last restored in 1982 and is not original. One of the rear fenders is not original either. One front fender got changed when a boar hit the car. What else you don't know, but proclaim yourself as an expert on THIS CAR. Luckily for me you have a residence in California. I listed my phone number in hte E-bay add, but you never bothered to contact me. You are a flake in desperate need of attention!

But why should we believe what you say?

We know TRE Cup. We don't know you. What can you do to make us believe you?

Did you know that the CHP, that has jurisdiction on vehicle i.d. matters in this state, has the right to impound your car for altered numbers ? And that engine number clearly posted on line definitely shows signs of alteration !

Have fun selling that !

Yours sincerely
    "Flake"
    Member #755
    Conda Green 70 911S
    70 black 914-6 3.2
    70 911 "Speedster" project
    "74 IROC" tribute Jade Green RSR

Oh my....bashing TRE Cup and calling him a Flake.

MPV,
    Understand that people here are trying to help clear your car if it the real 406 as claimed. With the value of these cars going higher the chances of people altering serial #'s to make 100K+ is happening and there needs to be a watchdog to expose fakes to preserve the value of real ones. IF your car is real then you should be happy that people like TRE Cup take the time to care as well as many others here (and PP). It's very scary to think that your car may have an altered vin, I hope you do what you can to prove your car is real or try to bust the people who altered it.

You know the saying "if you can't say anything nice about someone then don't say anything.........................."

I have nothing to say.
    Jay

72' 911T-Sold
    74' 914
    Early 911S Registry member #1161

Any legal minds here that can clear up a question I have?
    If I have property of value and someone alleges that they have the same property, doesn't that diminish the value of my property? I would think a lawsuit for fraud by the "real" owner would clear up a scenario such as this.
    Mike B.
    1972 911E #414
    Early S #1065

Pick up a copy of the 8/14/06 AutoWeek. Interesting 3-page article on "Cloned Collectors".
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The story (which is centered around GT40 #1040) mimicks this RS 406 story in some regards. I guess this new FIA certification might be a step in the right direction:

http://www.fiaheritage.com/welcome.htm

Unincorporated Arapahoe County, Colorado, USA
    I looks like the seller of the seller of the ’73 Carrera RS has discovered the Bay Area Craigslist:

”Porsche 911 S Targa 1971 Original - $16500 (healdsburg / windsor)“

I wonder where the RS is?

Best,
    Grady

The Autoweek article can be found online here: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...73256547308356